• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A year in the life of a publisher

91 posts in this topic

I'm not sure that Anderson's style at this time was ideal for the romance genre. (:

LoveRomances31YouBelongToMe2.jpg

Panel 3 is a superb way to visually depict the intensity of the final stages of the battle without being in any way explicit. (thumbs u

After all those happy endings I think should take a look at an ending a little less cheerful.

And finally, why aren't there more gorillas in love comics? They always liven things up.

MyOwnRomance10.jpg

George Tuska

I'm not sure that Anderson's style at this time was ideal for the romance genre.

Graham Ingels would be my top pick for best choice for love comic artist. ;)

Not Basil Wolverton?

I'm not sure that Anderson's style at this time was ideal for the romance genre.

Not Basil Wolverton?

He did have a special ability at drawing ladies. hm

Graham Ingels did try out for love comics...but it wasn't the same Ingels we know and love.

I can think of a type of love story appropriate for Ingels...Southern Gothic, rotting mansions, old crone making trouble for young suitor.

Actually this sounds like a Syd Shores story in some Atlas romance from 1949. I'll scan an example if I find it.

PS. I just realized this thread should be devoted to Atlas material in 1954. I'll post new scans in the "have a cigar, show us your atlas books" thread.

:bump:

I still add books steadily to this project but I find that the likes of Justice / Police Action / Wild Western / ... do not garner much interest so I proceed silently.

Still, I was jazzed by this one, esp. after I missed out on Doohickimabob (sp?)'s copy on eBay a few months back. I probably paid as much for this and the grade is lower :cry:

Astonishing34.jpg

hm last time I was posting in this thread was in May of last year ... and my second daughter was born in June of last year. Coincidence? lol

I have picked up copies here and there along the first year of Colette but had little time to update.

I recently received several My Friend Irma issues, which is a fairly tough run to fill compared to others in the set so I was happy to get these copies.

MyFriendIrma42_zpsee52aaf4.jpg

MyFriendIrma44_zpsd37c78c1.jpg

hm last time I was posting in this thread was in May of last year ... and my second daughter was born in June of last year. Coincidence? lol

I have picked up copies here and there along the first year of Colette but had little time to update.

I recently received several My Friend Irma issues, which is a fairly tough run to fill compared to others in the set so I was happy to get these copies.

Glad to see some life back in this thread. I like getting a look at the seldom seen and obscure Atlas titles like Irma.

Your kids are going to have access to such an awesome collection of comics when they get older. Hopefully they'll be interested in them. :wishluck:

MyFriendIrma42_zpsee52aaf4.jpg

MyFriendIrma44_zpsd37c78c1.jpg

Definitely headlight covers! :D