• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- If gas prices climb any higher...

75 posts in this topic

We'll surely fall prey to LORD HUMUNGOUS!!!

humungous.jpg

It will take a battle harden crew to topple the likes of the gass guzzlin' humvee raiders,

but somebody's gotta put a stop to the Alatolla of Rockin Rolla before it's too late.

chase.JPG

Before long all will rage war for one bleedin tank of juice!!

Only one man can save us and take us to never never land...

A desolate man...

A desperate man...

THE ROAD WARRIOR!!

madmax2.jpg

or else well be subject to purging of any and all fuel throughout this wasteland!!!

roadwarrior.jpg

Just where the HELL were these guys trying to get to anyway!!!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I filled the car up today---$35 freaking dollars. I'd say INFLATION is here, among other things.

Inflation has nothing to do with it in my opinion,

OPEC has us by the balls with there shorting of production,

and the sad thing is...

they know it!!! 893frustrated.gif

humungous.jpg

What the 893censored-thumb.gif is that?

Another Iraqi prison picture!?

Nope...one of Bill Clintons home pics! 27_laughing.gif

Inflation has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

I'm just speaking about general pricing of all goods and services, not just gas. If you look at how much other prices have changed in the past ten years as compared to gas, you'd say that gas is CHEAP. No lie. Of course, I'm still appalled when $35 got sucked out of my banking account.

The price index has risen, which will give them another reason to raise prices again. Kinda like the high grade 9.6/9.8 CGC issues that skyrocket out of control.

Sterling, adjusted for inflation gas is cheap right now...you are right. We were at $3 a gallon when Carter was in office and back then...$3 went a LONG way.

Blame the Canadians and Saudis and Tree Huggers.

humungous.jpg

What the 893censored-thumb.gif is that?

Another Iraqi prison picture!?

Yep it's a shame what we do for oil isn't it??!!

I tell ya it's nutty how all is playing the innocence game in washington about this.

If it is still similar to the the U.S. Military I was in a few years ago, it wouldn't surprise me

if Donald Rumsfield himself was leading this torture chamber donned in black leather!!

Blame the Canadians and Saudis and Tree Huggers.

893censored-thumb.gif Bast****!!!!

well, it's true.

Canada is our largest provider of oil and natural gas. Next is Saudi Arabia and the damn tree huggers wont let us drill in the Arctic National Wildlife ( barren wasteland ) Refuge. confused-smiley-013.gif

$35 to fill up? where to i go for that? the bay area is the most expensive place in the country to buy gas. i drive a land outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed and if i don't hit $50 (where pumps shut down by the way), i'm happy.

$35 to fill up? where to i go for that? the bay area is the most expensive place in the country to buy gas. i drive a land outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed and if i don't hit $50 (where pumps shut down by the way), i'm happy.

That's true. I was out there recently and prices are bad. I'm in NC--with nerfie. But, at least it was 93 octane 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i only buy super-unleaded and if i see something (now) under $2.40/gal, i stop and fill up no matter what!

i'm only half joking when i say that we should make iraq the 51st state in the union so my gas prices go down... devil.gif

Deisel is $1.88 a gal. and the bug gets 48 mpg. with a kick! I love my car!

bug.jpg

OT:

I always wondered if you had passengers in the back and got rear ended...it would be curtains for them, wouldn't it? I pulled up behind one yesterday driving a Chevy truck and though about that.

Who the hell cares about dead passengers when I'm getting great gas mileage! 893frustrated.gif

Man, you sure know how to rain on a guy's parade!

heartwarming! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif