• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM The Human Torch #2 (#1)

29 posts in this topic

Still a nice solid copy sir. Chances are you would have been paying over guide for it no matter what.

You just don't find them too easily anymore. Kinda like those Zoot's that always go for way over guide... or Phantom Lady # 17. You still have a classic book on your hands.

I know, you are right. This is a super classic book and it really does look great in hand. And the fact that they rarely become available is what grabbed me.

The seller is someone I do quite a bit of business with and we have a good relationship. To the point of him agreeing that if I get it graded and it comes in below 6.0 he will reduce the selling price to suite a fair value for it's grade. I thought that was a very fair and noble thing for him to do... it will certainly keep one of his good customers happy. :foryou:

5.5 or so would be my guess. It's a really nice book, but the spine in particular seems a touch worn for a Fine+.

One thing I notice is that the holes around the staples seem enlarged a bit, like the book might have been dis- and re-assembled for some reason? I'd take a look at the centerfold too to see if the staples do indeed look to have been reinserted, and suggest checking for any evidence of any resto or tear seals inside the cover wrap's spine.

Still a nice solid copy sir. Chances are you would have been paying over guide for it no matter what.

You just don't find them too easily anymore. Kinda like those Zoot's that always go for way over guide... or Phantom Lady # 17. You still have a classic book on your hands.

I know, you are right. This is a super classic book and it really does look great in hand. And the fact that they rarely become available is what grabbed me.

The seller is someone I do quite a bit of business with and we have a good relationship. To the point of him agreeing that if I get it graded and it comes in below 6.0 he will reduce the selling price to suite a fair value for it's grade. I thought that was a very fair and noble thing for him to do... it will certainly keep one of his good customers happy. :foryou:

I would certainly spring for grading if that is the case, seems like a no-lose proposition.

_Front Cover _

Tear Top left FC

Spine wear FC

color break down spine

writing FC (if pedigree no grade concern)

store stamp FC does not affect grade (see notes for BC though)

Crease FC in "N" of Human

Wear and color chipping Right FC

Staple pulling bottom

stress lines spine

Crease bottom right FC

Edge wear bottom and left FC

Color flakes/chipping bottom FC

_Back Cover _

Store stamp residue from bottom copy

Tear top right BC

Stress Lines

Dirty Dirty

Wear bottom Right BC

email me before you spend next time

_Front Cover _

Tear Top left FC

Spine wear FC

color break down spine

writing FC (if pedigree no grade concern)

store stamp FC does not affect grade (see notes for BC though)

Crease FC in "N" of Human

Wear and color chipping Right FC

Staple pulling bottom

stress lines spine

Crease bottom right FC

Edge wear bottom and left FC

Color flakes/chipping bottom FC

_Back Cover _

Store stamp residue from bottom copy

Tear top right BC

Stress Lines

Dirty Dirty

Wear bottom Right BC

email me before you spend next time

Wow (worship)

Thanks

Good catch Rodan

I really should have noticed that when I was evaluating it during the purchase deal. The deal was kinda done in a rush and I asked about resto and was told none, so I took the seller as his expert opinion. Besides i think I was more in awe of this great vintage treasure and my amateur grading abilities were in a fog of wonderment doh!

I am working with the seller who I am sure will make good either way, so I am not too worried.