• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toon Street DVD's

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen these complete runs of FF, TOS, etc DVD's sold on EBay by Toon Street. Isn't there a copyright issue with this and wouldn't someone at Marvel be upset if they saw this? Curious that they were listed for only 1 day at a time. For $27 though I have to admit I want to get my hands on one of these. Is this the wave of the future? How long before DC, Marvel to start issuing these by CD?DVD?

Now and then sellers pop up that sell these. Marvel have released legal versions, but the these contain just a fraction of what the pirated CDs contain.

A lot of people buy these and then make copies to sell, so it's kind of an avalanche thing....

Yes they are illegal, but eBay doesn't seem to care..

A few years ago I scanned about 4000 of my own comics and now have most Silver Age books on CD... granted some from Marvel Masterworks reprints.

They are not as much fun to read as the paper versions, but very practical if you want to look up some info, compare a piece of art or need to reference continuity...