• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1 First Print - High Grade Raw WITH Pre Press Copy

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I am now the curator of Kevin Eastman's California based collection. This collection contains a TON of crazy rare Turtles stuff.

Today, one such item is leaving the collection, and I wanted to give this community first shot before taking it to the open market.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v247/JNCOPosterboy/Private%20Sales/Pre%20Press%20TMNT%201%20Lot/

What we have here is a High Grade Raw copy of TMNT #1 first print from the personal collection of Kevin Eastman. While I am not a grader, I would say a SUPER conservative estimate would be 9.4, but I personally think it could easily get 9.6 or higher. I just don't want the buyer yelling at me if it doesn't grade out as a 9.8. Corners are super crisp, and only 2 very mild stresses in the spine that just barely break color (each are about an 8th of an inch long or less).

But that isn't even why this offer is special:

INCLUDED with your purchase is a ONE-OF-A-KIND pre-press copy of TMNT #1. This is the proof from the printer that was provided to Kevin and Peter PRIOR to the first issue going to press. So what you are looking at is the first printed copy of TMNT #1. Pages are unstapled and uncut, making it slightly larger than the published issue.

Asking price for both of these items together is $15,000 (+shipping and paypal fees). Personally I think this is a steal seeing as you could slab and flip the book for most if not all of the purchase price and STILL have a one-of-a-kind piece of Mirage history (as you can imagine, it kills me that I can't pick this lot up myself).

Kevin has agreed to provide any manner of authenticity the buyer would like, and both items come with certificates stating they are from his personal collection.

Feel free to contact me with questions, but know that the price is very firm. The first :takeit: in thread or as a PM takes it.

Very cool! If you were offering this a year from now, things might be different. For right now, I just have to admire from afar. :luhv: