• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HIGH GRADE Bronze Age Collection Just Acquired

89 posts in this topic

There was no intent to acquire wantlists without having a collection, which is what you were implying.

Now you appear to be backtracking on what you said, which is your MO.

Hey, don't blame me for your guilty conscience reading into what I was saying. I thought it was pretty 893censored-thumb.gif clear meathead:

When you're ready to sell, THEN ask for want lists, and don't waste people's time.

If you read anything else into it, ask your psychiatrist.

I'm on the phone with Brent RIGHT NOW talking about these books. He has them.

Remember the first rule of Price Variant Club.

Hey, don't blame me for your guilty conscience reading into what I was saying. I thought it was pretty 893censored-thumb.gif clear meathead:

When you're ready to sell, THEN ask for want lists, and don't waste people's time.

shocked.gif

Are you saying he changed his mind about selling it all at once, and is actually going to fill want lists? confused-smiley-013.gif

shocked.gif

What do you want? He comes on here asking for want lists for this amazing collection, makes us wait, and then he pops on telling everyone they wasted their time and he's selling it all at once.

So I naturally take him to task for reprehensible business practices, and he starts in on some bizarre fantasy about me accusing me of making it up? WTF?

If that's damage control, he needs a much better strategy. 27_laughing.gif

Are you saying he changed his mind about selling it all at once, and is actually going to fill want lists? confused-smiley-013.gif

No. He had all of them, and was made an offer that he couldn't refuse. That's kind of how it works. I was one of the people who sent him a want list, and I don't understand your vitriol. This happens all the time. His response could have been "I'm sorry, there was nothing on your list" and you'd be cool with it. I'm going to get some nice stuff from him (note that I'm not breaking the first rule).

No. He had all of them, and was made an offer that he couldn't refuse. That's kind of how it works.

Not for me. If I ran around here asking for want lists, you can be dang sure I'm ready to sell based on the lists, and have exhausted all other avenues of picking up "quick money".

But like I've said many times before, sometimes I forget that most people are not as ethical as I am, and will waste people's time without any intention of following through.

Hey Donut, I've got lots of high-grade FF's in my collection, so send me your want list and I'll give it the same consideration. 27_laughing.gif

I don't know why you're questioning my ethics. I pulled some of the books from the collection as best I could before it was sold. I'm offering those books directly to the people who sent me their wantlists.

I guess I shouldn't bother with the CGC forum for selling books. It just causes me grief from complainers/whiners like you.

What's the saying? It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch? or something like that.

shocked.gif

What do you want? He comes on here asking for want lists for this amazing collection, makes us wait, and then he pops on telling everyone they wasted their time and he's selling it all at once.

So I naturally take him to task for reprehensible business practices, and he starts in on some bizarre fantasy about me accusing me of making it up? WTF?

If that's damage control, he needs a much better strategy. 27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No. He had all of them, and was made an offer that he couldn't refuse. That's kind of how it works.

Not for me. If I ran around here asking for want lists, you can be dang sure I'm ready to sell based on the lists, and have exhausted all other avenues of picking up "quick money".

But like I've said many times before, sometimes I forget that most people are not as ethical as I am, and will waste people's time without any intention of following through.

Hey Donut, I've got lots of high-grade FF's in my collection, so send me your want list and I'll give it the same consideration. 27_laughing.gif

OK, here's my want list. Took me all of ten seconds: FF 117-180 in 9.8. Your response will be "sorry, I don't have any of those in that grade."

And you clearly are not now, nor have you ever been, a comic dealer. If you were, you'd understand the concept of "a real sale" versus "a want list match." Ethics work both ways. I've got boxes of books that were bought for "want lists" that weren't wanted anymore.

I guess I shouldn't bother with the CGC forum for selling books. It just causes me grief from complainers/whiners like you.

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

I guess we'll have to take our chances compared to the SLIGHT chance you might actually sell any of these collections on here. 27_laughing.gif

Here are the terms and conditions of sale:

1) Send me lists of books with grades that you want.

2) You must email me a phone number that I can contact you at to confirm books and prices

3) You must be able to pay immediately via Paypal or credit card upon confirmation that the books are available in the grades that you have requested.

4) I'll be sure to eat your want lists with peanut butter and send your phone numbers to mass marketers.

How did I make you wait? You never even sent me a want list. Why are you complaining about something you have no vested interest in?

I sent him a want list. I don't care that it was sold to other people. You didn't send a want list.

STFU

Seriously. Your "ethical preaching" is a pain in the [!@#%^&^].

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Wow, must have taken you all night to come up with that retort. 27_laughing.gif

One thing I'm glad about, is that only a complete and utter insufficiently_thoughtful_person would ever send you a want list anymore. 27_laughing.gif

I sent him a want list. I don't care that it was sold to other people. You didn't send a want list.

Interesting... coming from someone who is apparently buying some variants from the guy. Interesting indeed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You must have had a very unhappy childhood. And now you're an even more unhappy adult.

I am currently filling wantlists from the books that I pulled from this collection, and I will continue to fill wantlists as I acquire new books/collections. thumbsup2.gif

You like to make unsubstantiated statements and then try to back them up with immature, childlike, illogical rants. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Interesting... coming from someone who is apparently buying some variants from the guy. Interesting indeed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, I am. The variants were ON MY WANT LIST 893frustrated.gif, along with FF 117-180 in high grade. My want list. The one that you didn't send.

JC:

honestly... why do you care? this really isn't a big deal, and since you didn't "waste" anytime with a want list -- is it really any of your business.

not trying to go on the attack with you here... but you usually complain about how you can't understand why people attack you and make personal attacks etc., etc., well... this is kinda an example as to why they do... this seems a little mean spirited... even if you have an underlying point -- there's gotta be a better way to convey it AND you didn't get the shaft at all... so... ?