• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest modern age you own?

200 posts in this topic

"When Gotham is in ashes, you have my permission to die."

My rarest (and probably most valuable at the moment) modern. One of only two that exist in this grade. ;)

002-1.jpg[/img]

Not a big bat fan, but I can appreciate this

:golfclap:(worship)

Me too. You must be licking your chops for the movie. I'd sell this badboy once the hype machine really kicks up.

+1

I would sell it two to three weeks before the movie debuts to maximize profits.

Yes, I was planning on doing just this. Maybe around a month before the movie starts. I'll put a nice-sized "buy it now" price and see if someone bites on ebay. hm Thanks for the comments fellas. (thumbs u

im in love, i need to know when your selling it

This one has gone completely over my head. Is this a modern reprint? I wouldn't call 1965 modern, otherwise. Again, please excuse my ignorance.

My two rare moderns.

30 Days of Night #1 ( Spiral Edition) -- heard as low as 50 or as high as 100 copies made

Uncanny X-Men #423 (Price error) -- Believe 10-12 accounted for.

--- Sorry for small, poor scans. Can not access Photobucket from work computer

128057.jpg.9d1e4599ffc0d648530e4a95d789a425.jpg

128058.jpg.4c4899db3c27e98b2be30da7156ad2ad.jpg

I don't own any super rare (heck even rare by most standards here I'd think haha) books in general of what we have probably the lowest print run book we have are the thief of thieves comicspro variants... not sure how many are out there but had three of them at one point can't think of anything we own that would have a smaller print run than those (although not sure what the printrun is)

Here is my rarest modern.

f2a602fe.jpg

Isn't that the book that was commissioned by the family of the kids on the cover? I seem to remember that one as being impossibly rare from Ian Levine's thread back in the day.

Here is my rarest modern.

f2a602fe.jpg

Isn't that the book that was commissioned by the family of the kids on the cover? I seem to remember that one as being impossibly rare from Ian Levine's thread back in the day.

A dealer friend on mine bought someones collection at the beginning of the year and found a copy of this.

I still can't get him to sell it to me for a decent price,

Amazing find though.

My two rarest are probably these two.

Superman 75 Platinum

Only 10k out there and this is one of 9 SS in 9.8. Also the lowest one I have ever seen at #1431

Superman75Platinum-f-1.jpg

Batman 492 Platinum

I like this one better than the Superman just because it is Breyfogle and Batman. This is the only SS 9.8 out there and Breyfogle was cool enough to give me a head sketch. Oh and I bought it as a blue label from a guy I am told is really short.

Batman492Plat-F.jpg

I wish I knew the print run on the 492.

Batman492Plat-F.jpg

Very Nice! :applause:

I love it when the signatures blend in and aren't an eye sore. Both your sig and sketch blend. If you're looking for them they are clearly there, but at the same time they don't distract from the art.

Here's a new one I just picked up this week, Hellboy #3 the Fury variant with a print run of 150 ! this bad book is gonna be one Hell of a hard time to track down 2c

IMG_1408.jpg

:cloud9:

Sweet book. How were those distributed?