• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk annual #1

26 posts in this topic

dont know, but I wouldnt be surprised. Its a perfect candidate for last years speculation: movie tie-in. Awesome Steranko cover, First Hulk Annual, AND, the cover was recreated on #34 of the (then) hot new series! $1500 sounds cheap! (back then)

According to GPAnalysis (which i finally got), the highest sale was $1000 back in Nov 2002, but it seems to be cooling off and prices have been declining with the last price being $471.99 in Dec 2003.

So i do not believe this is a good price for this book, and the QP is awful flamed.gif

So i do not believe this is a good price for this book, and the QP is awful flamed.gif

I did not realize the price on this book had dropped so far. I might have to pick me up a copy, because I love that cover. What's wrong with the QP? Everything looks straight and centered to me, maybe the spine is just slightly miswrapped but that may also be the result of the square bound spine being "flattened" by the two-dimensional photograph so that it looks like a miswrap when it's not.

I agree the QP is not bad at all, its almost impossible to find a squarebond where the spine cant be see at the front. The centering and cut are great.

Awesome book, awesome cover, a great book to own. cloud9.gif

The only problem I see is that there are already 18 copies in 9.6 and 24 in 9.4.

Those books from 1968 just seem to be EXTREMELY PLENTIFUL in high-grade and I have to believe it will eventually take it's toll on the prices (or at least stagnate the increases for a long time).

1968 is a "banner" year for Marvel when it comes to cover art work and great issues. Same year I was born of course. smirk.gif

Yep - and same year all those #1s came out! INCLUDING Silver Surfer! grin.gif

Impressive! You actually know something outside of those old horror comics. Bravo! thumbsup2.gif

1968 is a "banner" year for Marvel when it comes to cover art work and great issues. Same year I was born of course. smirk.gif

Yep - and same year all those #1s came out! INCLUDING Silver Surfer! grin.gif

Impressive! You actually know something outside of those old horror comics. Bravo! thumbsup2.gif

Well - err yeah! Remember I went from Modern to Silver and once had quite a few Silver long boxes. Now this was in the late 80's! Had very long runs of TOS, JIM, TTA, ST, ASM, DD, Iron Man, Doc Strange, Silver Surfer and Hulk. My memories of some of these are kind of imperfect but it doesn't take a lot to jar them! grin.gif

Oh yeah - also had long runs of Flash, Atom, Strange Adventures frown.gif - wish I still had the Deadman), Hawkman. House of Mystery (had a near complete run of Dial H for Hero in really dripping gloss Greggy Grade) and the later runs of Secret Six, Inferior Five, Kamandi etc. What to do?

Ah yes SS#1,3, Avengers #57, TTA #100, Sub-Mariner #1, FF#73. Glory years indeed. cloud9.gif

I have to be honest. SS I had from 1 to - thinking - well - 15 anyway. TTA I had long runs of from the pre-hero on (including 27 and 35). But never liked Subby nor FF. Sorry - probably a mental flaw. frown.gif

I can understand your luke warm approach to Subby but FF? Get that flaw checked out. stooges.gif27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sorry - just basically, I guess, do not enjoy "team" genre. Feel same about X-Men. Tried to get into them but to no avail. frown.gif893naughty-thumb.gifcrazy.gif893frustrated.gifsmile.gif