• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you have spent on a single modern comic...

44 posts in this topic

I paid $12.00 last week for a NM copy of Daredevil #1 (Kevin Smith)

I was able to buy issues #2 through #25 for 50cents a piece a few months ago, but couldn't start reading them until I got a hold of issue #1....Didn't want to pay more than $10.00 for it, but after 4 months I broke down makepoint.gif

Fantastic Four #60 Newsstand variant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that didn't exist??? I remember you offered some money to the first person that could just produce a scan of that cover. Don't think anyone did. That was the 9 cent copy and the newsstand variant was supposedly regular price at $2.25, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't get a scan from Marvel, but two of the editors over there confirmed that the book exists. I posted the emails in the thread that Rob started in the marketplace.

There's also a FREE version with no price on it. Very hard to find. I have only found one so far.

Back on subject... I have had some new comics graded. So what ever grading fees were thats the most I've paid for a new comic.

Fantastic Four #60 Newsstand variant.

I thought that didn't exist??? I remember you offered some money to the first person that could just produce a scan of that cover. Don't think anyone did. That was the 9 cent copy and the newsstand variant was supposedly regular price at $2.25, right?

I couldn't get a scan from Marvel, but two of the editors over there confirmed that the book exists. I posted the emails in the thread that Rob started in the marketplace.

There's also a FREE version with no price on it. Very hard to find. I have only found one so far.

Back on subject... I have had some new comics graded. So what ever grading fees were thats the most I've paid for a new comic.

You're referring to the Baltimore Comicon variant of FF 60. I can get you a 9.6 or a 9.8

I spent about $50 on a NM copy of Solar: Man of the Atom #10 a couple of months after it came out.

If it's at least a 9.6... you can get your money back. thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2241058993

27_laughing.gif, I sold the book along with the vast majority of my collection in 1994 before I moved to northern California for law school.

Last year I purchased a raw NM+ copy along with all of the other pre-Unity stuff, but I have no plans to sell it or any of my pre-Unity Valiants in this decade or for the foreseeable future. I love the pre-Unity Valiants and owning the books gives me more pleasure than I'd get from whatever I'd spend the proceeds on if I sold them. thumbsup2.gif

Not less than 5 years, but if you still count Daredevil 168 as a modern, I picked one up for $100 at my lcs last summer, sent it to CGC, got a 9.6 and flipped it for $600 this past February.

I haven't paid higher than cover price, but not for want of trying. I'd be willing to pay more for Y The Last Man 1-5, 100 Bullets 1-10, etc, but so far the opportunity has not presented itself. mad.gif

Discovered I actually did pay more than cover price for a few books less than 5 years old when I went home. Elektra #3 nude version CGC 9.8 (think I paid in the $80 range over 2 years ago) and a raw NM Origin #1 which I paid $10 for at a LCS. foreheadslap.gifsorry.gif

An Ultimate Spider-man complete run in NM/M 1-40 (more or less one year ago) for around 120$... grin.gif

Also bought some days ago the complete 2 series of League of extraordinary... for 30$...and a nice surprise was when i noticed nº5 of 1st series is the rare recalled marvel add. wink.gif

30 days of night nº1 1st print for 30$

Hulk nº25, 34 for 10$ both comics

not bad as a weekly shopping... smirk.gif

An Ultimate Spider-man complete run in NM/M 1-40 (more or less one year ago) for around 120$... grin.gif

Also bought some days ago the complete 2 series of League of extraordinary... for 30$...and a nice surprise was when i noticed nº5 of 1st series is the rare recalled marvel add. wink.gif

Where the hell do you shop? mad.gifwink.gif

Where the hell do you shop? mad.gifwink.gif

Ditto???