• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CBCA Dealer Rating Project needs your input

64 posts in this topic

Tim welcomes my visits like dry parched earth welcomes a soothing cool rain.
He would welcome my visits more because I would spend more.

I have very modest expectations for board members when they stop by... all I ask is that the spend one dollar for each of their posts here.

I have very modest expectations for board members when they stop by... all I ask is that the spend one dollar for each of their posts here.

If could be arranged if you have enough sweet books. hm

:blahblah:

No shot for you Canuck. You better keep your hoarding hiney in the Great White North.

No shot for you Canuck. You better keep your hoarding hiney in the Great White North.

:(

Missing 4 of my faves:

John Hauser

Al Stoltz

Jeff Weaver

Moondog

I'm flattered to still be considered a dealer by Steve, but I don't think setting up once a year at Wizard World, or selling a few books to boardies and friends, constitutes dealer status.

Hi gang:

In January, the CBCA will launch the comic book dealer rating project. This will be an online survey where you can rate comic dealers based on a number of criteria. Then, the ratings will be published to the CBCA web site as a reference tool for the community.

Now, we are looking to assemble a comprehensive list of dealers to include in the ratings. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to add to the list. I'm sure I missed more than a few major players.

By the way, there will also be the ability to add "write in" dealers when you take the survey - this would be appropriate for your LCS.

Here is what I have thus far:

Metropolis

Mile High

Lone Star/My Comic Shop

Quality Comix

Comic Link

Heritage

High Grade Comics

Superworld

Daves American Comics (Dave Reynolds)

Harley Yee

Bedrock

Worldwide

Jim Payette

Bob Beerbolm

Dale Roberts

John Verzl

Pedigree Comics

Esquire Comics

Dale Roberts

SoCal Comics

Tomorrow’s Treasures (Rich Muchin)

Silver Age Comics (NY)

JHV

Flying Donut

Graham Crackers

Doug Sulipa

Pedigree

Thanks for your help!

Gene Carpenter - All American Comics is one of my favorites not on this list

Hi gang:

In January, the CBCA will launch the comic book dealer rating project. This will be an online survey where you can rate comic dealers based on a number of criteria. Then, the ratings will be published to the CBCA web site as a reference tool for the community.

Now, we are looking to assemble a comprehensive list of dealers to include in the ratings. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to add to the list. I'm sure I missed more than a few major players.

By the way, there will also be the ability to add "write in" dealers when you take the survey - this would be appropriate for your LCS.

Metropolis

Mile High

Lone Star/My Comic Shop

Quality Comix

Comic Link

Heritage

High Grade Comics

Superworld

Harley Yee

Bedrock

Worldwide

Jim Payette

Bob Beerbolm

Dale Roberts

John Verzl

Pedigree Comics

Esquire Comics

Dale Roberts

SoCal Comics

Silver Age Comics (NY)

JHV

Flying Donut

Graham Crackers

Doug Sulipa

Pedigree

Thanks for your help!

.......I could hang out at his booth for a whole day. I've known Gene for years. He's got loads of those cool, nice copies of the hard to find stuff. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

P.S. While not a national dealer, my friend Guy Rose has some NICE inventory of tough mid grade GA......also Al Stoltz, Basement Comics.

I think you guys need to define "dealer" first. Is it anyone that has a website selling comics, or do they have to set up at shows? Create a criteria first, then come up with a list.

A dealer is anyone who routinely publicly sells comics and has an "inventory." It could be at a con, online or at a store.

Depending on the size of the final list, we may have to make some cuts... that is to be determined. But someone could always be added through the "write-in" ballot.

Let the over-analysis begin! :grin::foryou:

i would have to add Impulse Creations to the llst then, because i have been buying my new books form them for years, in Oklahoma i think and i have bought back issues too.

And steve, again I can't log into the CBCA boards.

No problems on my end,maybe they don't like you anymore? :roflmao:

:makepoint: <= Oakman29

Pat, have you tried using a different browser? I find some work better than others on the site.

Gotta lotta luv for Pat,he knows I kid. :headbang:

Hi gang:

Metropolis

Mile High

Lone Star/My Comic Shop

Quality Comix

Comic Link

Heritage

High Grade Comics

Superworld

Harley Yee

Bedrock

Worldwide

Jim Payette

Bob Beerbolm

Dale Roberts

John Verzl

Pedigree Comics

Esquire Comics

Dale Roberts

SoCal Comics

Silver Age Comics (NY)

JHV

Flying Donut

Graham Crackers

Doug Sulipa

Pedigree

Thanks for your help!

.......I could hang out at his booth for a whole day. I've known Gene for years. He's got loads of those cool, nice copies of the hard to find stuff. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

P.S. While not a national dealer, my friend Guy Rose has some NICE inventory of tough mid grade GA......also Al Stoltz, Basement Comics.

doh! I just assumed Al was on the list. He is one of my top five favorites for sure as well