• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curator FF's!

465 posts in this topic

I don't want to disparage these books but I went to the preview today and saw several of these early FFs in hand and all I'll say is, if you're thinking of spending serious money on these books, it would behoove you to either see them in person or have someone see them for you before bidding.

So, which ones are you wanting?

I'm not after any of them, but the FF #5 is exceptional in person, save for a few flaws.

I'll need to see the Detective 35 in person before I place a bid on it.

:baiting:

I heard these were token bids so that the auction house would know that you are still a "playa".

:gossip: He did it so he can keep getting the catalogs.

Damn, I`m like an open book to you people.

The curator's should be used to demonstrate what white pages look like.

Spokane's also

And San Frans and Vancouvers.

(thumbs u

It appears to be a mixed bag, not surprisingly. There are issues that to me seem overgraded, including the #2 that got a 9.4 with rusted staples, the #13 (a 9.4) with color breaking wear along the spine beneath the lower staple, the #18 (a 9.4) with several pre-chips along the right edge, and the #39 (a 9.4) with a significant color breaking corner crease. The #12 got a 9.6 with two impacted staples, as did the #29. The #10 (9.6) has an impacted lower staple. I'm left wondering whether these issues with impacted staples and vertical stress lines near the staples (there are even more examples) were damaged during pressing.

Then there are the stunning issues like #s 5, 15, 25, 31, 41, 47 and 52 that blow away other copies I've seen in person or from scans.