• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Essentials

35 posts in this topic

DSC00245.jpg

My Haul. :cloud9:

Cable and internet was down for two hours on Sunday but I didn't care. Was able to finish Zombie and Jonah Hex during the down time.

Gonna go back and pick up some hero books in the near future. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

DSC00245.jpg

My Haul. :cloud9:

Cable and internet was down for two hours on Sunday but I didn't care. Was able to finish Zombie and Jonah Hex during the down time.

Gonna go back and pick up some hero books in the near future. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

:applause:

As me and BoosterGold have discussed... they are great time passers for stuff like this.... :)

122211103557.jpg

122211103715.jpg

I had an X-Men (Uncanny X-men Vol. 3 i think) when i was a kid and went to town on that thing with my crayons. Ah, memories.

DSC00245.jpg

Great haul. Looks like you've got a lot of reading to do.

As me and BoosterGold have discussed... they are great time passers for stuff like this.... :)

122211103557.jpg

122211103715.jpg

I had an X-Men (Uncanny X-men Vol. 3 i think) when i was a kid and went to town on that thing with my crayons. Ah, memories.

DSC00245.jpg

Great haul. Looks like you've got a lot of reading to do.

I wonder which ones will be most enjoyable?

I suspect the Tomb of Dracula`s will be the best. :cloud9:

i'd go with war/horror/western over hero. i dunno, but the hero books never worked for me in b/w. by far the best i have are the House of mystery and Jonah Hex books. in my opinion, they just work better in b/w

I agree. I really wanted to love the superhero books but just couldn't get into them in B&W.

DC Showcases...

I recommend the Jonah Hex Showcase most of all.The character is well-defined very early on in the run, consistently strong stories from Albano and Fleisher, and great artwork.  

I also really enjoyed the Kanigher/Kubert Sgt. Rock material.

The horror books - some great artistic highlights, but patchy quality overall. HOM possibly the best.