• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA & GA - ASM 129, JIM 84, ASM 28, Avengers 5.... EXTRA DISCOUNTS!

18 posts in this topic

OK, here we go, U.S. shipping is included in the price unless otherwise noted, paypal is my preferred payment method, first "I'll take it" at the stated price gets it, but if you want to make an offer via PM, go for it. The worst that can happen is that I say no.

I am, of course, happy to ship to board regulars in Canada, UK, etc., we just need to figure out the cost of shipping, customs forms, etc. Shipping costs will be my actual cost, rounded up to the next dollar, minus $3.00 (plus the $3.00 extra discount per item/lot discussed below)..

Take 10% off all listed prices on what has not sold. Also, if you buy multiple items/lots I will knock $3.00 off each subsequent purchase to factor in that I am not shipping them separately. So, let's say you buy the JIM 84 lot and the FF beater lot I would subtract $3.00 from the total in addition to the 10% discount. Add in the Jumbo Comics and I knock off an additional $3.00, etc.

[sOLD] Next up is a Dardevil beater lot.

A mangled DD 3, a slightly less mangled DD 5, a coverless DD 6, a coverless DD 9, a coverless DD 10 and a beat DD 11.

$25 shipped in the U.S. So, roughly the OPG price of the #3 in "Fair".

[sOLD] And now an early Sgt. Fury lot.

Sgt. Fury 2 - a G/VG (3.0) with some chipping/wear/split at top and bottom of spine, otherwise pretty decent

Sgt. Fury 3 (Reed Richards app.) - F/G (1.5) attached at bottom staple

Sgt. Fury 6 - G/VG (3.0) - about 1 inch spine split on top

Sgt. Fury 8 (Baron (Dr.?) Zemo) - G/VG (3.0)

Sgt. Fury 9 - Good/2.0 Hitler cover

I get about $135 for this lot in last year's OPG. I'd like $75 shipped. So, basically OPG for the #2.

off to ebay.

FF 22. Beat but complete. FF 55. Ditto.

Add in a nice coverless Tales to Astonish 50 (not pictured) featuring the first appearance of the Human Top (later known as Whirlwind) battling Giant Man and the Wasp, illustrated by Jack the King Kirby and inked by Steve Ditko!!!)

$22 shipped in the U.S.

ff22.jpg

ff55.jpg

Next up is a Dardevil beater lot.

A mangled DD 3, a slightly less mangled DD 5, a coverless DD 6, a coverless DD 9, a coverless DD 10 and a beat DD 11.

dd3.jpg

dd5front.jpg

dd6front.jpg

dd9front.jpg

dd10front.jpg

dd11front.jpg

:takeit:

Wally Wood RIP

And now a lot of hard to find Airboy comics from the Golden Age!

Last year's guide price on this is over $110. I would like $75 shipped in the USA.

Vol. 5, No. 3. I put this at a G/VG due to the rip on the back, otherwise it would be closer to a 5.0 - 5.5.:

airboyvol5no3.jpg

airboyvol5no3back.jpg

Vol. 5, No. 5. VG-. That bending on the bottom can probably get pressed out. :-)

airboyvol5no5.jpg

airboyvol5no5back.jpg

Vol. 4, No. 1. G/VG because of the spots, otherwise a decent 5.0 type book:

airboyvol4no1.jpg

airboyvol4no1back.jpg

This scan is deceptive...the edge IS NOT wavy, that's some sort of scanner issue, but the black spots are there. Almost looks like a little bit of ancient water damage or something.

airboyvol4no1cover.jpg

Next up is a Dardevil beater lot.

Wally Wood RIP

Good to see they have found a happy new home. The #5 was likely my first convention purchase...back in 1977. For some reason I feel like I paid $5 for that, but I can't believe someone would rob a 5 year old like that, it was probably more like 50 cents and I'm just not remembering right.

Alright, not a lot, but here's Jumbo Comics 96. I put it at a Fine, which is $63 in last year's guide. I'd like $42, shipped in the USA.

jumbo105a.jpg

jumbo105b.jpg

And here's an old time Dennis the Mennis lot: issues 11 - 17, 24 - 26, 37 - 38, 40, 48 and 100, 14 in all, all 10 cent cover prices except #100. As can be seen from the scan, these are low grade readers...your's for $55, shipped in the USA:

dennis11.jpg

dennis12.jpg

dennis13.jpg

dennis14.jpg

dennis16.jpg

dennis17.jpg

dennis24.jpg

dennis25.jpg

dennis26.jpg

dennis37.jpg

dennis38.jpg

dennis40.jpg

dennis48.jpg

dennis100.jpg

[sOLD] And now an early Sgt. Fury lot.

Sgt. Fury 2 - a G/VG (3.0) with some chipping/wear/split at top and bottom of spine, otherwise pretty decent

Sgt. Fury 3 (Reed Richards app.) - F/G (1.5) attached at bottom staple

Sgt. Fury 6 - G/VG (3.0) - about 1 inch spine split on top

Sgt. Fury 8 (Baron (Dr.?) Zemo) - G/VG (3.0)

Sgt. Fury 9 - Good/2.0 Hitler cover

I get about $135 for this lot in last year's OPG. I'd like $75 shipped. So, basically OPG for the #2.

fury2.jpg

fury2back.jpg

fury3.jpg

fury3back.jpg

fury6.jpg

fury6back.jpg

fury8.jpg

fury8back.jpg

fury9.jpg

fury9back.jpg

Per PM! HUZZAH!

Next up we have some individual books:

Amazing Spiderman 23. Third appearance of the Green Goblin. Looks like a solid 6.0 - 6.5...until you see the water stains that is. Oh well. I just hope I saw them when I bought this!

I'd like $30 for this, shipped in the USA.

asm23.jpg

asm23back.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 28. First Molten Man! I have looked at the back of the front cover on this and see no signs of CT bleeding through. (Not that it looks like anyone has tried given the spine ticks.) Typical of this issue, EVERYTHING shows...it actually has a nice glossy cover too and the back is in real nice shape! I'm calling this a VG+. Last year's guide has this at $180 in VG+. I would like $115 shipped in the USA.

asm28.jpg

asm28back.jpg

sold Avengers 5. Some spine wear and about a 1/8th split/chip out of bottom spine, but pretty decent looking overall. I call it a 5.0. LAst year's guide has this at $107. I would like $65 shipped in the USA.

avengers5.jpg

avengers5back.jpg

Next up (and these are probably my final listings for 2011 as I doubt I will have time during the day on 12/31 to add more)...

[sOLD]Amazing Spiderman 129. First Punisher. I grade this in the 5.0 range. Judging by recent ebay sales of, and current bidding on, uglier copies on ebay, this is likely a $160-$190 book on ebay right now. For example, this copy, with a massive water stain on the back, is up over $150 with 4 days to go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-1st-App-Jackal-Punisher-Marvel-1974-/220921412385?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item336ff13b21

or this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/amazing-spider-man-129-punisher-bronze-age-comic-not-graded-/250959577599?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6e5b41ff with a bunch of rips and described as "smelling like mold" that sold for $107 and this one that went for $186 with water stains on the back, writing on the cover, etc: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-MARVEL-1974-1st-App-Jackal-Punisher-/320815441263?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab217256f

I'm guessing 129 is again quietly becoming a hot book again.

With that said, I prefer to sell here for a variety of reasons, even if the net $ might be less due to a forum discount and, anyway, my luck has been terrible lately and I'll probably get a psycho over there. I would like $135 for this, shipped in the USA.

asm129.jpg

asm129back.jpg

Let's have some more Spiderman, with Amazing Spiderman 27, the 5th appearance of the Green Goblin. As you can see from the back cover scan, the book is a little miswrapped, which I assume is why you can see the pages, not a detached centerfold. Generalized wear mainly, nothing dramatic. I'm going to call this a 5.0, it is $100 in last year's guide in 5.0 and I would like $65 for it, shipped in the USA.

asm27.jpg

asm27back.jpg

Let's move on to some early Daredevils!

Let's start with Daredevil 4. I'm going to call this a 3.0 and would like $35 for it, shipped in the USA.

dd4.jpg

dd4back.jpg

And now we have Daredevil 6. I'll all this one a 5.0 too. Last year's guide has it at $45. I would like $30, shipped in the USA.

dd6.jpg

dd6back.jpg

And now Daredevil 8. At first glance, this looks like a nice 8.5 - 9.0. And then on the second glance you notice the stain on the bottom right. Oh well. Here's your chance for a really sharp copy (except for the stain!) for only $25, shipped in the USA.

dd8.jpg

dd8back.jpg

Finally, we have Daredevil 11. I'd like to call this a 5.0 and I would like $15 for it, shipped in the USA.

dd11.jpg

dd11back.jpg

And I'll toss these in for fun, technically not SA or GA, they do reprint GA stories in part, so they should qualify.... Two early $6.95 Gladstone Uncle Scrooge's, Nos. 323 and 324. NM condition. These came out during a rough time in the market and those $6.95 cover prices led to very low orders. Some of these from this era are really tough to find. Anyway, I'd like $15 for these shipped in the USA. I really really want to read them, but I don't want to risk cracking the spines.

uncle322.jpg

uncle323.jpg

Good night everyone and have a happy new year!

Take 10% off all listed prices on what has not sold. Also, remember, if you buy multiple items I will knock $3.00 off each subsequent purchase to factor in that I am not shipping them separately.

Buy all the Daredevils listed above (the ones that are as of yet unsold - 4, 6, 8 and) as a group and get another $10 off the combined (10% off) discounted price.

Buy all the unsold Spidermans listed above (23, 27 and 28) as a group and get another $15 off the combined (10% off) discounted price.

Buy them both and get the FF beater lot above included as a toss-in as well as some other goodies TBD.

(This all depends on whether they are still around if someone does an "I'll take it" on one of the parts I can't do the 3 part deal, of course).