• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed....sold

52 posts in this topic

Haunt of Fear #5 CGC 5.5 for 135.00 shipped and Vault of Horror 5.5 for 50.00 shipped. Below guide on both obviously. PP , MO or Check is ok. All board rules apply
:takeit: both
All yours! :)

Here is the original purchase...

Sorry mate but there were extenuating circumstances that I feel best left not posted in public. I prefer not to mention his PM. No harm done. It's all part of the hobby I guess. I'm now selling to another member

and here is your fault...

and no, this is not part of the hobby :(

Sounds like someone (mldynes) got screwed over by a newbie...sorry tanglewood, but while you're trying to brush this off as no big deal, I'd personally be pissed off if you pulled this stunt on me. rantrant

Sounds like someone (mldynes) got screwed over by a newbie...sorry tanglewood, but while you're trying to brush this off as no big deal, I'd personally be pissed off if you pulled this stunt on me. rantrant

+1

This is B.S. Regardless of what he offered on the third book the deal was done on the first two.

DR.X

Moon Girl was a bump thread. I was spanked already by Dale for not using proper board etiquette for 2 separate threads.

Finally, the first buyer made and error and apologized and I am guilty for pulling the trigger too soon based on the assumption that he wanted 3 for 185.00 and not 2. Please tell me how this is negligent on my part?

IMO: Buyer's offer for the first 2 books was accepted regardless of seller's acceptance of adding a 3rd book for 185.00 in a subsequent post. It shouldn't matter if the buyer miscalculated in his subsequent post. Buyer should still be on the hook for his original offer. Just curious, what was the seller's response to the buyer's subsequent post for 3 books prior to selling to someone else?

Just curious, what was the seller's response to the buyer's subsequent post for 3 books prior to selling to someone else?

From the info we have at the moment, it doesn't appear there was any response from the seller to the PM regarding the 3 books.

Moon Girl was a bump thread. I was spanked already by Dale for not using proper board etiquette for 2 separate threads.

Finally, the first buyer made and error and apologized and I am guilty for pulling the trigger too soon based on the assumption that he wanted 3 for 185.00 and not 2. Please tell me how this is negligent on my part?

IMO: Buyer's offer for the first 2 books was accepted regardless of seller's acceptance of adding a 3rd book for 185.00 in a subsequent post. It shouldn't matter if the buyer miscalculated in his subsequent post. Buyer should still be on the hook for his original offer. Just curious, what was the seller's response to the buyer's subsequent post for 3 books prior to selling to someone else?

First off it was three threads for a handful of books so saying Dale spanked you for not following the guidelines is really downplaying it. He is trying to run a thread and who's to say you didn't have a couple of dozen books to list for a thread for each one. It looks like you have nice books and everyone would like to have a chance to buy from you on the boards. We try to keep things with some sort of order so it doesn't turn into a madhouse. I would say read the rules start a thread and if you have any sort of thread specific rules list it in the thread. I for one would have bought the E.C's but there wasn't enough order in the post to make me feel like it would be a safe purchase.

You could smell the naughty on this when a few hours later they were back up, with a poor reason.

Mldynes got screwed. Sure he attempted to sweeten the pot for himself, but you can't just decide to end the deal for that.

. Sure he attempted to sweeten the pot for himself, but you can't just decide to end the deal for that.

+1

I get offers all the time in every thread for additional books to " Sweeten the Pot". I take no offense ever to offers or insults. It's simply my choice to accept, decline, or negotiate further. But any offers on additional books has no bearing whatsoever on the original purchases they make and the prices they paid.

DR.X

You guys can all pile on at once, it doesn't change the fact that I received a "I'll take it" post. I sent a PM stating where he could send payment. A short while I get a PM asking if I could throw in a 75.00 book . I sent a PM back stating the 185.00 is for two books not 3.

I did not hear back from the guy so I figured this purchaser wasn't serious. No offense to this guy but I just thought he was full of c.r.a.p. after reading this and chocked it up to being some nut. You guys know each other and I have no clue as to who anyone is here.

It's done. It's over, move on. Nobody is twisting your arm to deal with me. It was a harmless mistake in that nobody got hurt yet a few of you obviously have nothing better to do today than to stir this c.r.a.p. up.

You guys can all pile on at once, it doesn't change the fact that I received a "I'll take it" post. I sent a PM stating where he could send payment. A short while I get a PM asking if I could throw in a 75.00 book . I sent a PM back stating the 185.00 is for two books not 3.

I did not hear back from the guy so I figured this purchaser wasn't serious. No offense to this guy but I just thought he was full of c.r.a.p. after reading this and chocked it up to being some nut. You guys know each other and I have no clue as to who anyone is here.

It's done. It's over, move on. Nobody is twisting your arm to deal with me. It was a harmless mistake in that nobody got hurt yet a few of you obviously have nothing better to do today than to stir this c.r.a.p. up.

I think you may have done some damage to yourself here.You should do the right thing and put this right. (thumbs u

It's not about stirring stuff up. It's about following the guidelines that we, as a community, have installed here to make this such a great, safe venue for buying/selling.

If you thought he was a wack-job, then you have to wait the 30-days (as per the rules), unless the buyer backs out of the transation prior to that time period.

I've already apologized. What more is there? I'm sorry it obviously isn't enough for some people here.

I obviously overlooked the 30 requirement. Again, I apologize. I understand there are rules here but I have not stolen from anyone, I have not over graded and most importantly I didn't intentionally set out to screw someone over. It was a mistake.

"Well, that's where you miss it Crosby" You see, we are a close knit group that looks out for each other. Sure, we bicker from time to time but all of us have a vested interest in making sure the sales forum is self policed. You said it yourself....

You guys know each other and I have no clue as to who anyone is here.

Perhaps you should get to know us and the board nuances a little better before selling. Yeah, that sounds a little arrogant. Don't mean it that way.

It's not about piling on. It's about expressing the problem with how the transaction was conducted.

You are being flippant about a situation on a forum where members are very sensitive to sales that go bad with no justification.

Take it for what's it worth and I hope everyone comes out happy.

I think you may have done some damage to yourself here.You should do the right thing and put this right. (thumbs u

+1 - not to mention if you do not fulfill your original obligation, you will (or should) be put on the probation list and from your attitude in your responses, you should go straight to the hall of shame (or whatever that list is called).

If you wanted to get a sense of the buyer, check his posts and you will see that he has made some pretty serious purchases as of late and would have realized that you should not worry about your $150 sale - not to mention that the :takeit: post was late last night and you resold the books early this AM - less than 10 hours later (or thereabouts) . Additionally, you could have replied to his PM questioning his desire to complete this transaction, but you simply deleted it.

And...I actually have not met a single soul on these boards - but you hold yourself respectfully and honestly and you are treated in kind... You pull this kind of thing, on the other hand, and you are treated like "c.r.a.p." - just my 2c

. Sure he attempted to sweeten the pot for himself, but you can't just decide to end the deal for that.

+1

I get offers all the time in every thread for additional books to " Sweeten the Pot". I take no offense ever to offers or insults. It's simply my choice to accept, decline, or negotiate further. But any offers on additional books has no bearing whatsoever on the original purchases they make and the prices they paid.

DR.X

+1

You want to put tangle in the hall of shame for this misstep? He made a sale for 2 books for $185. Gets a response from buyer asking him to throw in a $75 book for free, (3 for $185) so seller feels like buyer is a wacknut and doesnt respond and ends conversation.

Seller made an error, but adding him to hall of shame when he did not actually receive payment seems little :insane: overkill. Whats buyers position, he kind of understand where seller is coming from and is cool with letting this go, or wants to show the modern christmas spirit and skin seller alive and end him in Pulp Fiction bloodletting style?

i'm pretty sure what everyone is trying to say is, the original buyer did not back out of the deal, he just tried to get another book thrown in. i'm pretty sure the original buyer would still buy the 2 ec's at $185 and the seller is obligated to honor the first :takeit: , well not totally obligated, but he would isolate himself from the boards pretty good if he goes through and sells to the 2nd buyer...