• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Does Your Stuff go When You Pass? Apparently Straight to eBay.

94 posts in this topic

So I am in the market for a Detective Comics 48 and I take a look at every one that is put up for sale or auction on eBay.

While looking at this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-DETECTIVE-BATMAN-Golden-48-good-nice-issue-1941-1st-batmobile-/370567692628?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item56478e4154

I noticed the name, "Rodolphe Marinelli", written on the cover along with the initials "RM" in cursive. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to see what happened to Mr. Marinelli. A quick google search led me here and this man fits the age of who would have once been the owner of this comic.

http://www.imorial.com/rodolphemarinelli/

He died last year at the age of 82. He would have purchased this book around the age of 13-14.

It is a question that I saw on another collecting board. What happens to all of your stuff when your number is called?

Congrats on an awesomely creepy and morbid thread. The link to the dead guy's Imorial was a nice touch.

My stuff goes to my comic-hating brother who will be me for months as a result. :cloud9:

Ha - Whenever I look for golden age books I see the name of the original owner somewhere written on the book. I assume that was due to "vigilant" mothers that wanted to make sure that Johnny's Superman 1 did not get mixed up or taken from him when he brought it to school.

Then I wondered are these people alive and selling their books before they pass or are they part of the same deal like I noticed an estate sale that was recently divided up and sold on eBay?

Then over on a GI Joe collecting site, people started talking about where do all their toys go when they pass. Some were under the assumption that they will be cherished and passed down for generations to come.

Oh I'm sure my wife will burn them in the front yard with a sigh of relief.

Does your wife have a long lost sister because I think I'm married to her.

my wife refuses to acknowledge that they even exist!

my better half is the same way

my better half is the same way

Funny Book Loving Wife !! :takeit::acclaim::cloud9::foryou:

I'm perplexed by these women who seem to think comics are "bad" or pretend they don't exist. Women have plenty of hobbies akin to comics: shoes, bags, ect. It's all relative. :makepoint:

I'm perplexed by these women who seem to think comics are "bad" or pretend they don't exist. Women have plenty of hobbies akin to comics: shoes, bags, ect. It's all relative. :makepoint:

(thumbs u My sister completely understands comic collecting as she is a big bag collector. She'll even sell off bags on a bag consignment site to buy bags she'd rather have. Sound familiar? And my GF asks lots of questions about comic characters and storylines + watches all the movies with me. She now knows + understands football as well through the same process. :cloud9:

My wife is very familiar with values of my books.I have a living trust that explains in detail what to do and who to sell to.I have some board members here in my trust for my wife to contact. (thumbs u

That's really nice of you. I'll PM my info! (thumbs u

Seriously, my wife knows my comics are valuable and I could see her selling the CGC books on eBay. But there is NO WAY she would take the time to go through the raw books to sell. It would be a one time trip to the LCS and say "make me an offer." lol