• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Star Wars sketch saga.....

9 posts in this topic

The year was 1991. The glory years of Star Wars were fading into memory among my friends. The last wave of action figures came out way back in 1985! :cry: There were no new posters, no new toys, no hint that the awesomeness of the Star Wars universe would continue.

To make matters worse, I had to go on a loooong summer road trip. A road trip from northern California all the way to Yellowstone National Park. I had to sit in the back seat. Of a mini-van. In the middle seat my little sister and pesky younger brother argued through four states. doh!

There was one thing that saved me that summer. One book. One shining ray of hope. I remember it clearly. I walked into the local book store and there it was. A new Star Wars book! :acclaim: "Heir to the Empire" by Timothy Zahn. I was enthralled. Hooked. Inspired. :cloud9:

I read that book countless times on that road trip. I didn't even care about the whining brats in front of me. For me, Star Wars was back.....cue the Williams score in your heads, fellow Star Wars fans! (thumbs u

Flash forward to 2009. I saw that Timothy Zahn was appearing at the Dragon Con in Atlanta. I soooo wished to get his autograph! But it was not meant to be. However, I happened to mention my fervent wish to our man Adam (Peter Palmer). Adam kept me in mind for TWO years. And then he granted my wish! :acclaim:

This is one of three blanks with Timothy Zahn's autograph. :o

006-8.jpg[/img]

So, my fellow boardies, my saga continues. My search for the perfect artists to render Grand Admiral Thrawn, the mad Jedi clone Joruus C.Boath, and Mara Jade begins! :whee:

Many thanks Adam! The Force will always be with you my friend! (thumbs u

005-10.jpg[/img]

I'm not sure who lives in or around Va. these days, but Sheva Con is Feb. 17, 18, and 19. Timothy Zahn will be there as will Jeremy Bulloch and myself as well as Beck Seashols and a bevy of other Star Wars artists and writers..

I'm supposed to do a live painting demo of Boba Fett with the man himself right there.... so... yeah.... no preasure. lol

Hope to see some of you there.

Happy to help, Mervin! These sigs were surprisingly challenging to get. Not because Mr. Zahn was unwilling, but rather no one on the staff knew when or where he was appearing.

People say that NYCC and SDCC are crazy. I've been to both and I still think Dragon Con is the most challenging to navigate. :ohnoez: All worth it, though. I'm glad I was FINALLY able to get these for you. I'm happy you appreciate them so much. I can't wait to one day see your entire Star Wars SS collection. :cool:

Happy to help, Mervin! These sigs were surprisingly challenging to get. Not because Mr. Zahn was unwilling, but rather no one on the staff knew when or where he was appearing.

People say that NYCC and SDCC are crazy. I've been to both and I still think Dragon Con is the most challenging to navigate. :ohnoez: All worth it, though. I'm glad I was FINALLY able to get these for you. I'm happy you appreciate them so much. I can't wait to one day see your entire Star Wars SS collection. :cool:

If this is true, I should be able to navigate NY and SD with NOOOOO problem. Been doing DragonCon since the beginning.... :)