• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Coupon discussion

52 posts in this topic

So, my coupons expire soon and I thought I would ask for a range of opinions on what I should get slabbed. These are primarily nostalgia-I just want to protect a few old favorites and I like the look of a book in a slab (as an art piece). I'm intending to get some things pressed next year, but I generally want confirmation that my choices won't really benefit from any work and I can safely send them in without leaving any potential money on the table. So, on to the books (I'd love to know what you think).

Leaving monetary considerations aside, feel free to express your opinions on which books to slab for any reason.

I was told when I slabbed 4 moderns with my coupon that I wasted money. One of the prevailing thoughts is to use the coupon for books that would otherwise be value tier books. It makes a lot of sense.

To quote the late great Harry Morgan, "Horse Hockey!"

Slabbing those moderns was a good decision for me as I was able to flip them and really start collecting some higher dollar books.

This time around, I'm going to work on my Micronauts registry set. Talk about a waste!

Slab what you want. Its your collection. It only has to make sense to you.

JLA #8. Another sentimental favorite-got this one at 14 in a Holiday Inn basement for 40 bucks (I think). My first 12 cent cover and in kind of decent shape.

JLA8front.jpg

JLA8rear.jpg

I've picked up some interesting things at the Holiday Inn for the same price. hm

Of the ones you posted, I'd sub...

GS X-Men 1 (8.5)

X-Men 6 (7.5)

X-Men 94 (7.5)

The grades are my guess. Good luck with the submission. (thumbs u

GSX #1 is the first book. I'm guessing this will benefit from a press and I should reserve this for next year. My only issue is the possible damage/glue mohawk at the bottom of the spine, and I might send it in to see if they hammer it.

GSX1blfc.jpg

This can be fixed.