• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC Listen?

126 posts in this topic

I can actually sense my brain rebelling against me for reading these boards sometimes.

:idea:

You two would be board here if it wasn't for the stupid ones like me. :baiting: What can I say. I went to Enosburg Falls high school. hehe

I'll take 10,000 of you over the nasty, vicious, petulant, bitter, petty children running wild on this board any day of the week and 7 times on Sunday.

:luhv:

I can actually sense my brain rebelling against me for reading these boards sometimes.

You two would be board here if it wasn't for the stupid ones like me. :baiting: What can I say. I went to Enosburg Falls high school. hehe

I'll take 10,000 of you over the nasty, vicious, petulant, bitter, petty children running wild on this board any day of the week and 7 times on Sunday.

I like Mike, too. Plus it is awesome when his dog squats on threads.

I like Mike, too. Plus it is awesome when his dog squats on threads.

:cloud9:

You the book owner sends them to CGC but the site can see your grade, tell you that the grade is less than it is and offer to buy the book off of you, or even be honest too. This way they offer you a hundred on a book and sell it for more.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I imagine this is pretty rare, or nonexistant. If I was submitting through someone else, I would have to know that person though.

To Donna, I have learned to trust people with my books.....not to mention to give my business to. In this industry there are still people who would wish to rip people off to get a better dollar. I only mentioned the above because that was what was said to me. After seeing the ramble on this thread I wanted to research it more and although I might have misspoke since I am used to editing before I post i will answer along another part of the thread.

Thank you for your comment.

Tnerb

You the book owner sends them to CGC but the site can see your grade, tell you that the grade is less than it is and offer to buy the book off of you, or even be honest too. This way they offer you a hundred on a book and sell it for more.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I imagine this is pretty rare, or nonexistant. If I was submitting through someone else, I would have to know that person though.

It's not just rare or nonexistent, it is stupid. So what if he can check the grades? The books are going to be delivered to the owner of the books who can, guess what, actually look at them. After looking at them, that person can decide whether they are actually 9.8 or whether they are 9.4 like the hypothetical bad dealer said they were. Then the person can decide whether to sell them for the 9.4 price or, guess what, not sell them for the 9.4 price and keep them.

I sent out a few e-mails and wrote two thoughts together in one. Editing the journals is much easier than just adding to a thread. Some places will accept your books. Send them in themselves and before they come back will make you an offer on them before telling the book owner the grade. Recently I just had a copy of ASM #127 signed by John Romita and graded a 9.6. I trust the person I sent my book to so I had no worries, but from the e-mails I sent out and the answers I have received I have been told that some dealers take it upon themselves to buy the higher end books before telling the customer what the grade is.

Out of a curiosity...what graded books do you collect?

I have been told that some dealers take it upon themselves to buy the higher end books before telling the customer what the grade is.

It is impossible for anyone to buy books unless someone sells them. So only a brain-dead dipstick would sell something before they know what it is.

Out of a curiousity...why do you want to know?

I have been told that some dealers take it upon themselves to buy the higher end books before telling the customer what the grade is.

It is impossible for anyone to buy books unless someone sells them. So only a brain-dead dipstick would sell something before they know what it is.

Out of a curiousity...why do you want to know?

What do you collect?

Comic books.

Which Brings about the next question of which ones?

Are you going to answer my question? Why do you want to know? You can send me a PM if you want to. This whole thing is very odd. Are my ideas invalidated if I don't collect the right kind of comic books? What do you collect, sonny, is that it?

Comic books.

Are you going to answer my question? Why do you want to know? You can send me a PM if you want to. This whole thing is very odd. Are my ideas invalidated if I don't collect the right kind of comic books? What do you collect, sonny, is that it?

Yes

lol

Although I agree that the invoice would be shipped back to the submitter I also believe the owner of the account can change the destination. I have had to do that a couple of times on my account.

I believe the original shipping to CGC was missing from the analysis. You can still see how it would be beneficial to submit through a 3rd party to get the cost down. 1 book could be had for less than $20 through a 3rd party but will cost upwards of $50 if submitted it's own.

Comic books.

I will bite.

What comics do you like to collect?

What do you like to read?

Favorite Author? Favorite Artist?

I am bothered because I had a book returned to me that never should have dropped in grade. It was a copy of X-Men/Alpha Flight issue #2. I bought it as a 9.8 and sent it in to get signed. It received a 9.4. How did a modern age book drop that far? ....

My other problem is my Wolverine #10. It still bothers me. When I saw the grade, I was OK with it. I understand that a book could be marred during signing, but how did the spine roll happen. ....

This is akin to a mother knowing which identical twin is which. My copy of Wolverine was flawless. The spine was as tight as any CGC 9.8, even tighter. Dare I say it looked just as good as My New Mutants #1 in a 9.9? ....

I felt elated that a book of mine was graded a 9.8, a book that I had since my youth. Then I chanced it. I wanted a signature. Was it greed? I don't think so. It was my book, my treasure. But the book was mishandled or mislabeled and the wrong book was sent to me.

Perhaps a 9.8 to 9.4 could happen during a signing.

But a spine roll?