• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what's the goal for 2012?

89 posts in this topic

2011 will be over in a little less than 4 hours and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do in 2012 with my collection. I've decided to go for quality over quantity and get sigs from some of the greats (before they are gone) as well as one or two awesome sketches instead of a bunch of random stuff like I feel like I did this year to get my collection started in my first year of CGC.

So what is everyone else looking to do in 2012?

Finish my Y The Last Man 9.8 run with some SS

Finish my 9.8 Preacher run

Buy a couple more Chew covers

Work on my silver age 1st appearance signed by Stan list

Facilitate my 1st convention

I think that about covers it. :)

Just praying it is 1/4 as good as 2011 was. Thanks to everyone that facilitated, coordinated sketch opps, and organized mail aways this year.

There has been a ton of unrest about the time that these things have taken, but to me it has all been worth it. Moore, Totleben, Platt, King, Mike Judge, Ann Rice, Bissette, Veitch, almost Jae Lee. Most of the people on here have no idea what it takes to get it done.

Kudos to everyone in the program and all the fans and yellow fever fanatics. I am going to get a ton more autos, a ton more celebrity books and some sweetass sketches. I hope everyone has a fun and fulfilling 2012!!

I am going send DC comics an email every day requesting Blanks for 2012 :)

Maybe start my DC 52 CGC Sig sets :)

Would like to get some more amazing sketches :)

I'm all for an email a day to DC too.

:thumbsup:

On that note:

I want to thank each an everyone of you. 2011 was an amazing year that brought new friends, and unfortunately, loss some.

The "yellow fever" caught on, and it shows. And to those who have participated in sketch opps, I can promise you that 2012 will not only be better, but more fruitful for sketch cover collectors.

Take care everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I really can't wait to see what kind of ops some of the board members come up with this year. I only go to two conventions every year to get stuff on my own, so the big celebs and heavy hitting artists are going to have to come from here.

Just praying it is 1/4 as good as 2011 was. Thanks to everyone that facilitated, coordinated sketch opps, and organized mail aways this year.

There has been a ton of unrest about the time that these things have taken, but to me it has all been worth it. Moore, Totleben, Platt, King, Mike Judge, Ann Rice, Bissette, Veitch, almost Jae Lee. Most of the people on here have no idea what it takes to get it done.

Kudos to everyone in the program and all the fans and yellow fever fanatics. I am going to get a ton more autos, a ton more celebrity books and some sweetass sketches. I hope everyone has a fun and fulfilling 2012!!

+1....... Mylar said it best"unleash the kracken!"

+1....... Mylar said it best"unleash the kracken!"

:headbang:

I know Ill probably slow it down a little, but hopefully get in on some great opps on the board. Everyone have a good new year!

If nothing else I think I'll just try to work a deal to buy most of wolverinehurlder's sketches....

I hope to complete my original "Green Goblin list" this year...the only person missing is Marc Silvestri. Who will be my hero and help me out? As many shows as I've been to, I've never so much as been in front of the man. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. :wishluck: My journey won't stop there...I'll add a few more names to the list to keep myself busy. Brooks, Dodson, Deodato, and others will be some goals moving forward.

I've gotten a huge amount of enjoyment out of pursuing a complete SS set for TMNT books from volume 1. I'd like to continue that and keep grinding until I have every book in 9.4 or better, 9.6 or better in 2013. :wishluck: The ultimate goal is all 9.8's, but I realize that it will take time. The search is a big part of the fun.

My third goal is more of an action rather than an acquisition. 2011 was a great year for SS as many creators that were believed unobtainable signed for the program. Unfortunately, there was some fallout from many of these in the form of hurt feelings (not mine, just an observation). I don't know if it was jealousy, one-upsmanship, or something else, but too often the signature room got a little too serious this year when it should really just be fun. My goal is to try to post more in the SS room and for the majority of my posts to be complementary, light-hearted, or helpful. I'm hoping that positive posts will encourage others to do the same. Even if it doesn't, I'll know I did my part. :)

In 2012 I need to pace myself....yeah right, but seriously tho need to avoid yellow burnout.

Thanks to my new friends and all those who have helped elevate my SS game.

Happy New Year!!

O and how could I forget. I will add to my Cheung Collection/Army. :insane: any and all help is much appreciated and of course can be compensated!

I hope to complete my original "Green Goblin list" this year...the only person missing is Marc Silvestri. Who will be my hero and help me out? As many shows as I've been to, I've never so much as been in front of the man. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. :wishluck: My journey won't stop there...I'll add a few more names to the list to keep myself busy. Brooks, Dodson, Deodato, and others will be some goals moving forward.

I've gotten a huge amount of enjoyment out of pursuing a complete SS set for TMNT books from volume 1. I'd like to continue that and keep grinding until I have every book in 9.4 or better, 9.6 or better in 2013. :wishluck: The ultimate goal is all 9.8's, but I realize that it will take time. The search is a big part of the fun.

My third goal is more of an action rather than an acquisition. 2011 was a great year for SS as many creators that were believed unobtainable signed for the program. Unfortunately, there was some fallout from many of these in the form of hurt feelings (not mine, just an observation). I don't know if it was jealousy, one-upsmanship, or something else, but too often the signature room got a little too serious this year when it should really just be fun. My goal is to try to post more in the SS room and for the majority of my posts to be complementary, light-hearted, or helpful. I'm hoping that positive posts will encourage others to do the same. Even if it doesn't, I'll know I did my part. :)

That's awesome Adam. Best of luck with your goals, especially #3.

p.s. Brooks has always been a fave that I always get to 2 minutes too late. He only takes something like 3 pieces at Heroes and DragonCon and they are pricy. Not sure what he charges for a sketch cover though. He and his wife are awesome people though.

Harass Sean at every Midwest comic con that he is a witness at. :cloud9:

Really though I would like to try and land sketchs by Tony Moore and Charlie Aldard first. Then get some classics from the likes of Steranko, Kubert, Adams, Trimpe. Also continue to work on my Walking Dead #1 cover print and land everyone involved with the show's sig on it.

Then land some sigs from the likes of Turner, Robinson and some of the other greats who have recently passed away. Maybe land a white whale along the lines of Alan Moore or Stephen King.

Finally I want to find the most rediculous comic possible to get signed by Stan Lee to prove that he will sign anything for a dollar. :)