• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone see "Comic Book VIllians"

26 posts in this topic

I was flipping through the TV guide and saw some movie called "comic book villians". Unfortunately I dont get the channel. The narrative states its basically about two ruthless collectors going after a priceless collection. Has anyone seen or recommend renting this movie?

I've seen it, it's been talked about and if your a comic collector or a dealer or even perhaps remotely connected in any way to this great hobby, it's a fun movie to watch. If not, I'd leave it alone.

Because I collect comics, I watched it and liked it. grin.gif

If you've collected and/or dealt in comics, this movie is worth seeing, once. It's a well acted, reasonably well-written little tale about two comic shop owners after the same priceless collection. It's formulaic and ladles on the self-hatred of the characters, but it has its' moments.

What about "Comic Book" the movie

Directed by Mark Hamill that had Stan Lee and Kevin Smith in it?

Did anyone see that?

After that stink-a-roo Jay and Silent Bob strikes back,

I had to take a raincheck on this one until I heard someone say it was decent.

Then again someone said Office Space was good and I picked it up at a yard sale this past Saturday only to find-out that was the worst 2 bucks I ever spent.

Oh well. confused-smiley-013.gif

... felt it made comic book people look demented...

Isn't realism important for the moviegoing experience? confused-smiley-013.gif

If you're looking for a documentary, sure! but they said Marvel Mystery Comics #1 really early on - like in the opening canto! I mean - after THAT - it HAD to be fantasy! crazy.gifwink.gif

... felt it made comic book people look demented...

Isn't realism important for the moviegoing experience? confused-smiley-013.gif

insane.gif

Did anyone see that?

Then again someone said Office Space was good and I picked it up at a yard sale this past Saturday only to find-out that was the worst 2 bucks I ever spent.

How could you not like Office Space. That movie rocked. Although only the first half of the movie rocked. The second half could have been much better.

"I'm gonna give her my O face"

"that's my stapler...my stapler...."

"I'm...uhhh...gonna need those TPS reports...yeah"

"I wouldn't say I've been missing work, Bob"

"naga...naga...not gonna work here anymore."

love that movie cloud9.gif

Did anyone see that?

How could you not like Office Space. That movie rocked. Although only the first half of the movie rocked. The second half could have been much better.

Anyone who doesn't like Office Space has not worked in the high-tech industry. If you've worked in high-tech, Office Space is the funniest movie ever made.

Anyone who doesn't like Office Space has not worked in the high-tech industry. If you've worked in high-tech, Office Space is the funniest movie ever made.

Have never seen but after seeing those quotes 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think I shall look this one up!

Make sure you see it on DVD or tape - the version that's on Comedy Central is bowlderized beyond belief. The first hour or so of Office Space is, if you've got a high-tech background, so spot on funny as to make your sides hurt.

Make sure you see it on DVD or tape - the version that's on Comedy Central is bowlderized beyond belief. The first hour or so of Office Space is, if you've got a high-tech background, so spot on funny as to make your sides hurt.

Truth be told, any movie on a non-premium cable channel I tend to ignore. My feeling is if I REALY want to see it I will rent the DVD and hope for OAR as well! You speak most wisely!

PS - this sounds kind of Dilbertish! grin.gif

Will seek same this weekend.

Did anyone see that?

I dunno chief, I've worked in a high tech white collar cubic hell most of my days

and I thought this was a humorus movie but I wouldn't give it the credit that all

you guys are giving it. You act like it was the end all to be all on the best comedy

movie thread so I gave it a shot. Needless to say I was disappointed (5 out of 10).

There were soooo many awesome flicks that were on the comedy thread that I was

measuring it up to (Trading Places, Revenge of the Nerds, Clerks, Planes Trains, and Automobiles etc. etc.)

I mean I smerked at a few of the said scenes, but I was looking for a classic.

Unfortunately I've seen funnier on the chappelles show, and that's on TV for pete sake.

I don't know, I'm kind of the funny Norm at the end of the Bar that cracks jokes 24/7!!

In order for me to write a comedy as a classic it has to be better that what I could write myself.

sorry. confused-smiley-013.gif

I loved "Office Space". Living in NOrthern VA and driving into DC every morning, I live out the first scene in that movie almost daily. The one where the lane of traffic he's in is at a standstill, while the one he is not in or has just moved from is speeding along.