• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 94

57 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. I'm not a professional grader but took a chance and purchased this book at my retail comic book store for $1100. There are no creases or dings far as I can tell with the exception of a tiny scuff mark on the spine which the scanner wouldn't pick up and very tiny small flake ding on the back cover.

Can someone tell me is a book like this worthy of the pressing process to upgrade it? If it's a 9.6 to a 9.8? I know very little about it and started reading this link yesterday:

http://www.classicsincorporated.com/services_pressing.htm

Appreciate all comments!

Thanks guys. I'm not a professional grader but took a chance and purchased this book at my retail comic book store for $1100. There are no creases or dings far as I can tell with the exception of a tiny scuff mark on the spine which the scanner wouldn't pick up and very tiny small flake ding on the back cover.

Can someone tell me is a book like this worthy of the pressing process to upgrade it? If it's a 9.6 to a 9.8? I know very little about it and started reading this link yesterday:

http://www.classicsincorporated.com/services_pressing.htm

Appreciate all comments!

Couldn't hurt

Amazingly sharp corners on the top, unlike the bottom (especially left corner). I'm not good at spotting these things, but that always worries me. If it's clean it's a 9.2 (wouldn't call it anything higher without seeing much more close up (there is something there next to the X), also now that I took another look there are 2 dark spots on the back spine a bit above the bottom staple. Are those holes or color?

I'll let the experts here give their opinions and hopefully I'm wrong.

edit: do you see those black spots on the spine on the inner cover?

Yes those aren't holes it's a small scuff mark but not a break Sir.

Hahaha....back cover? Now to look into pressing asspect to see if it would make a difference to upgrade the book.

I started reading Classics Incorporated and I think they will do a free screening?

Anyone know if this is true?

I haven't been motivated to submit the book to CGC mainly because of the congested backlog time it takes to get issues graded and back to owners right now.

I'm also debating if I should submit the book for pressing. I've gotten several opinions, some saying they don't think it's worth the cost, others saying a press would, in their opinion make the book a 9.8 lock.

I've also thought about taking the book to a convention later this year to submit to CGC.

So, no, as of right now no update but thanks for asking!

I haven't been motivated to submit the book to CGC mainly because of the congested backlog time it takes to get issues graded and back to owners right now.

If that's a 9.4 or 9.6 you can sub it express which is on time at only 5 business days.

You should PM joeypost here on the boards if you're interested in having it pressed.

I think if you put the book in it's appropriate tier of Express you will get the book from CGC in a timely manner. The backlog is just on the lower tiers. I would not press this book.

It looks like a natural 9.8. See if CGC gives it a 9.8 as is. If not, then consider a press.