• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The John Carter of Mars GA Scanning Project
2 2

366 posts in this topic

Well, that's all she wrote. The series was cancelled at this point and replaced with the popular radio show character Captain Midhight. John Coleman Burroughs went on to create the John Carter of Mars newspaper strip which debuted late in 1941 and ran until 1943. John Carter would return to comics in Four Color in the 1950's (reprinted by Gold Key in 1964) , then at DC in the early 70's and Marvel in the late 70's. Currently there are several John Carter titles being published by both Marvel and Dynamite and they are definitely worth checking out (especially the Dynamite series Warlord of Mars).

I hope everyone's enjoyed this project. I had a great time doing it. If you enjoyed this strip at all, then go see the movie. It's really good and you won't regret it.

Jeff

Jeff,

It's been a great trip and I thank you for taking us with you. My only regret is that it seems to be over--although with your artistic skills, you could convert the remaining books into graphic novels and share them here,page by page, and then collect them and publish them each time you finished a book.. If you did one page per week, it would be like reading Prince Valiant, and your fans would anxiously await your next installment.

Thanks,

Rich

Jeff,

It's been a great trip and I thank you for taking us with you. My only regret is that it seems to be over--although with your artistic skills, you could convert the remaining books into graphic novels and share them here,page by page, and then collect them and publish them each time you finished a book.. If you did one page per week, it would be like reading Prince Valiant, and your fans would anxiously await your next installment.

Thanks,

Rich

Thanks Rich, but I don't think my artistic skills are worthy of that. I'll just recommend everyone pick up the ongoing series from Dynamite, which is pretty faithful.