• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMZ: Worth Reading Beyond First 20 Issues or So?

13 posts in this topic

I've been reading DMZ since day one and I cannot completely agree with mschmidt. The series does become quite uneven past those first 20 issues. Yes, the Delgado storyline is one of the better ones but I don't believe it outweighs the rest on its own + the winding down of the series is another zzz part. I would not recommend reading much farther than where you stopped at.

Is this book anywhere near the same level as YTLM? Looking for the next books I would like to read and I am thinking of picking up the TPBs for DMZ.

Or if there are any board members who by any chance have some of these in TPB format and would be interested in selling them or even letting me borrow them I would pay shipping both ways.

I thought it got too slow during the run-up to #50... After 50 things started to come back together tho. I have yet to read any of the last arc as I've been saving the issues until I have the full story. Just got the last issue yesterday and hope to read the final arc tonight.

This, initially, was one of my favorite books... I definitely got dragged down to the point where it almost became a chore to read... but I think it's b/c I was trying to do it monthly. The stories are too detailed and interwoven to try and go month-to-month and be able to remember everything. When I finally did my catch-up I read 8 issues in a row and really found myself enjoying the series again. Here's hoping the last arc lives up to the first one!