• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Lees Superman/Batman 10 Cover

17 posts in this topic

SUPERMAN/BATMAN #10 is available for advance reorder and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 19. As a reminder, this issue now features variant covers by Michael Turner & Peter Steigerwald (50%) and Jim Lee & Scott Williams (50%).

22982_ful.jpgpic_lrgsupbm10cvr.jpg

What's with the exercising Amazon's on Turner's cover?

I would assume that since the Amazons are a martial people, they would be practicing some sort of martial art. It's actually a scene reminiscent of many a Hong Kong martial arts film, most notably Once Upon a Time in China.

I am usually a big fan of Turners art, but you are right...the artwork on these two covers is not his best. It gets worse, have you seen the cover-work he did for: Superman/Batman 13? Ughh...his Supergirl cover has me wanting to feed her a dozen cheeseburgers to put some meat on her bones, and his cover with Superman/Batman/Darksied is just plain ugly.

Like I said, I am usually a fan of his work (I purchased a signed set of his Aspen universe character posters, not cheap...but nice)....but he is just hacking these DC comics covers out at too rapid a pace. He should slow down and put some more care into his work. If I did not know about Turners past work for Image/Top Cow, I would not look kindly on his talent (I know it is there inside of him, but yikes, his DC work is not bringing it out). If D.C. is going to continue to bring back variant covers, then they need to realize that variant covers are supposed to have alternate artwork on them that gets people excited about completing their collection by buying both covers.

Regards

Christopher H

I love the Fathom eyes on the Turner Wonder Woman cloud9.gif
i just love that whole pose *_*

pic_lrgsupbm12cvr.jpg Superman/Batman 12
did people grab ahold of her arms & legs and pull? her mid-driff(sp?) too long O.o

I love the Fathom eyes on the Turner Wonder Woman cloud9.gif
i just love that whole pose *_*

pic_lrgsupbm12cvr.jpg Superman/Batman 12
did people grab ahold of her arms & legs and pull? her mid-driff(sp?) too long O.o

A week on the RACK 27_laughing.gif

does this mean this "supergirl" is a pawn of Darkseid? what a spoiler. I do love the cover to that S/B #12, especially the perspective and reflection used.

Ongoing. The first storyline was by McGuiness. This one, about Supergirl, is drawn by Turner. So far, only Jeph Loeb has done the writing.

My favorite super-hero book, now that The Ultimates has ended. [!@#%^&^] happens in this book, like in the Grant Morrison JLA that is said to be Jeph Loeb's inspiration. (and I was really underwhelmed by Loeb's "Hush")

It actually has been really good!

Stupid question, but is Superman/Batman a mini series, or an ongoing series? And are all the covers by Turner? confused-smiley-013.gif