• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

41 posts in this topic

Very cool assortment of books! Was this your collecting focus previously (low-grade keys) that you are now selling off to upgrade, or were all these books the prizes of a single rougher collection you bought somewhere?

Agreed with comment about the Avengers 1 - very tempting.

I started buying individual low grade SA keys and made that the focus of my collection but once I joined the boards here I saw an opportunity to buy a couple of my long-time grails (AF 15, Albedo 2) and couldn't resist. I have an X-Men 1 I'm contemplating posting but the decision is excruciating. It's low grade as well but signed by Jack Kirby. Gah! I hate having to sell my books.

Yeah, don't list that. I really, really don't need to see one of those signed by him at the prices you're listing. Seriously. Don't do it.

I was actually convinced by a board member NOT to list it. Haha. Some things are just too valuable to let go.

Now, if you wanted to post a scan of it for us to enjoy, THAT would be perfectly fine. :grin: But I agree, that's a book you want to hold on to if you can.

I was actually convinced by a board member NOT to list it. Haha. Some things are just too valuable to let go.

I have done my good comic book deed for the day. (thumbs u

Daredevil 1. $225.

Grade consensus was 1.8. Presents nicely, everything complete. The big flaw is that piece missing from the FC.

That's very tempting..would look really sharp if not for said corner!

That corner kills me. I love DD 1s too.

For anyone interested in checking out a scan, here's the X-Men 1 signed by Kirby. Not for sale. Just for peeking at. Unless someone gave me one of them offers I can't refuse I'm always hearing about...

119880.jpg.a4bac8189fc0ef011041ae5baf452e65.jpg

119881.jpg.228b9b50a5b62e23f18db3aec3ad3603.jpg

I'd keep it if I were you. His sig is kind of tough to get these days....

I've heard that...

Here's a question: If I send that book in to get graded would it get a blue label because it is low grade (under 2.5) with a note that reads something like, "Jack Kirby written on first page"? Or would it get a green label?

I'd keep it if I were you. His sig is kind of tough to get these days....

I've heard that...

Here's a question: If I send that book in to get graded would it get a blue label because it is low grade (under 2.5) with a note that reads something like, "Jack Kirby written on first page"? Or would it get a green label?

I can answer that. :grin:

P1340805.jpg

P1340776.jpg