• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

Exactly. lol

I'm sure those copies were purchased by board members and although I hope for the best I'm not a believer yet. Getting $60 for a brand new off the shelf $3 book slabbed 9.8 is nice for any seller. I've never known Jerry to sell cheap.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but does anyone know why Brubaker published this book through image and not icon? I know he's exclusive with Marvel, but the big two usually allow them to write their own stuff with image. But he was putting out creator owned material through icon.

Exactly. lol

I'm sure those copies were purchased by board members and although I hope for the best I'm not a believer yet. Getting $60 for a brand new off the shelf $3 book slabbed 9.8 is nice for any seller. I've never known Jerry to sell cheap.

Someone break down the cost of slabbing moderns now I havent done one in a long time. Fill in the blanks here.

$3 assuming you bought off shelf

Shipping to CGC

Slabbing Cost

Return shipping

Ebay listing + Final Invoice

Do we break $30 profit here? At one point you could get this profit is it still possible at a $60 selling price above?

Jerry subs so many books, I suspect he probably gets a larger discount than the rest of us.

With my 10% Collector's Society discount, I generally pay around $20 for modern slabbing ($30 if fast tracked). This does not include the original cost of the comic or shipping to CGC, just the grading fees and return shipping.

whatever the reason, it looks like a smart move. Not sure it would have taken off like it has at Icon.

I wonder if that Jerry guy fast tracked those 4 copies from CGC.

Nope. He probably just got that in from CGC after subbing it in January.

still nothing wrong with attempting to take advantage of the very first Fatale CGC on ebay by testing the waters with a bit higher price. Curious as to what the first SS will go for.

I fast tracked my SS. I may put one of mine on there right when i get it just to see what happens

Assuming you maximize your shipping then yes you break $30 in your pocket.

Unless you're maybe playing a longer game and you have 300 (or some arbitrary number) raw pre-screened with a strong 9.8 possibility. So you build interest with some early $60 sales so you can move the rest later at $150 each. Just a thought.

Unless you're maybe playing a longer game and you have 300 (or some arbitrary number) raw pre-screened with a strong 9.8 possibility. So you build interest with some early $60 sales so you can move the rest later at $150 each. Just a thought.

Definitely! I just don't think so for this title.

Jerry subs so many books, I suspect he probably gets a larger discount than the rest of us.

With my 10% Collector's Society discount, I generally pay around $20 for modern slabbing ($30 if fast tracked). This does not include the original cost of the comic or shipping to CGC, just the grading fees and return shipping.

His total in pocket profit would be about $38 after all grading and eBay fees. We should have a business section to the boards. lol

if he were the only one selling them in the near future, then yeah it might work to tease potential buyers. But i'm sure there's a flood of cut throat sellers waiting in the wings with their 9.8s.

I still can't figure out how someone can sell a comic for cover price on ebay and expect to make any type of profit (those who don't gouge on shipping).

Unless they're just trying to generate future business.

Well most dealers would pay well below overshoot sell for cover the margin is still there. Then there are the titles where it's cover price or less or hold the book forever.

if nothing else it seems like more trouble than it's worth. I can't imagine a whole lot of care going into packaging a $3.00 comic where you're close to losing money (even if you only paid $1.25 or less for it originally).

if nothing else it seems like more trouble than it's worth. I can't imagine a whole lot of care going into packaging a $3.00 comic where you're close to losing money (even if you only paid $1.25 or less for it originally).

You just have to know the good sellers from the bad on eBay. I've done business with enough of them to know the difference from experience.

Definitely! I just don't think so for this title.

+1

If you standardize your packaging and shipping practices then it can be quite lucrative. Most people also don't buy a single issue. If you enjoy it and stay organized toucan do quite well. Trust me. :)