• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

The biggest book which if I'm up to date is the #1 Beauty cover. I'm not big on technicalities so I won't be saying 'Told you the 4th print would sell for $81'.

Not to be confused with me winning fantasy sports on a technicality. I'll take that every time. ;)

Looks like the Fatale CGC SS may not work out. This guys has had them up on ebay with no nibbles so far: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fatale-1-CGC-SS-9-8-Beauty-Cover-1st-print-Signed-by-Ed-Brubaker-/140726401454?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c3f279ae

I'll keep an eye on it tho hm

Jerome

I hope it works out... it's only my book :)

GL buddy. You have a nice lot of comics up for sale (thumbs u

Jerome

personally can't stand 7 day auctions...takes way too long and there's no reason to place a bid when you first see it. I guess more people have a chance to see the auction but it's also frustrating to wait that long for the auction to end. Even with using the watch list i end up forgetting about it by the time it's up.

I love me some Brubaker and bought into this series paying $12 for Fatale # 1, but spending $80-$100 (or more) for a 90-day old modern, signed or no, seems hugely risky for what's basically a gothic noir maxi-series.

Like paying $29.99 for the signed "hot book" preorders from Dynamic Forces 20 years ago.

Which is why you start the auction at cost. ;)

+1

I start auctions off at cost and don't worry about eye balling the thing all day. Now I agree 7 day auctions can be boring when you're looking to see what a book is going to do in order to help forecast future auctions. I got one going on now that is looking good with a few days left.

This is good insight/info regarding listings. I am of the same mind, I hate waiting for a full week to see how a book does (because I'm impatient like that). But I also haven't done a 5 or 3 day auction because I wanted to get as many people interested in it as I can.

If I do decide to get my Fatale's SS'd it will be a 3 or 5 day auction. The worst that would happen is I have to relist it (since I agree with Jeff about starting the listing at cost).

Jerome

This is good insight/info regarding listings. I am of the same mind, I hate waiting for a full week to see how a book does (because I'm impatient like that). But I also haven't done a 5 or 3 day auction because I wanted to get as many people interested in it as I can.

If I do decide to get my Fatale's SS'd it will be a 3 or 5 day auction. The worst that would happen is I have to relist it (since I agree with Jeff about starting the listing at cost).

Jerome

How does one gets their Fatale's signed?

Jerome

Honestly, the 7 day auction was a result of the following facts:

1) If one reads the Fatale thread, it seems like EVERYONE will be bringing Fatale SS books to market soon. I wanted to get there first.

2) At the same time, I don't have the books in hand. CGC sent me the images and mailed the books on Monday, but I'm paranoid and there are a million things that could go wrong (mail service, CGC complications, etc) . A Monday or Tuesday end gives me time to actually get books in hand.

3) My work schedule is pretty insane these days. It can be very difficult for me to get out of the office when the post office is open (I rarely leave the office for lunch even). I try to take care of all of my auction stuff between Sunday (listing, packing items that have sold or are about to sell) and Monday (taking stuff to the post office). Sometimes stuff goes to the post office on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sometimes the schedule opens up. This was just the logic when I started listing a few of these items.

Most of my auctions are structured this way for these reasons.

I rarely sell on eBay (although it seems that I will be selling a fair amount of stuff there in the next couple of months). I'm not a dealer. I'm constrained, so my objective is to make some money (to offset CGC costs for books I want to keep) while keeping my day job (which I actually really like). If you guys can optimize your auctions to get better results, that's awesome. This is what works for me.

i have some SS coming soon but i don't think i'll be listing them simply because of the suspected glut. I honestly don't think there is a rush to unload these. I don't sense the impending doom of Fatale.

Actually i was in an LCS today, a fellow walked up and wanted to place a monthly pull of Fatale (and Saga). I look at this as a sign. :o

I'm certainly going to keep some of my Fatale SS (there's a reason why I haven't listed an issue 2 SS on eBay yet). I'm just cashing out some of the portfolio now to offset costs (sort of what Julio did when he bought up all of those raw copies and then sold some of them later).

I'm happy that people are adding Fatale to the pull list. I've really been enjoying the book considerably. It was nice to read issue 3 and then re-read issues 1&2 as a result :-)