• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

I'm enjoying this series a lot so far. I"m a bit of a sucker for anything Brubaker/Phillips. If this is anyone's first exposure to B/P do yourself a favor and check out the previous work like Sleeper/Incognito/CRIMINAL.

You can find all those in your local dollar bins, along with FATALE in a year or two perhaps lol

Agreed. Those other 3 books are awesome reads as well. Criminal might be my favorite comic ever (although I still haven't got around to "Last of the Innocent" yet... I have the trade and the monthly issues, but am still going through my to read list).

If they end up in dollar bins? Maybe. Who knows. It's not going to change how much I enjoy my SS copy of Fatale 1 :-)

If they end up in dollar bins? Maybe. Who knows. It's not going to change how much I enjoy my SS copy of Fatale 1 :-)

I agree :] sometimes people seem to get caught up in how much things are worth and forget everything between the pages. I've said before it doesn't matter if it's worth $1000 or $1 as long as you love the comic.

I'm watching those SS copies on ebay right now... who knows what can happen with my twitchy fingers.

This is good insight/info regarding listings. I am of the same mind, I hate waiting for a full week to see how a book does (because I'm impatient like that). But I also haven't done a 5 or 3 day auction because I wanted to get as many people interested in it as I can.

If I do decide to get my Fatale's SS'd it will be a 3 or 5 day auction. The worst that would happen is I have to relist it (since I agree with Jeff about starting the listing at cost).

Jerome

Honestly, the 7 day auction was a result of the following facts:

1) If one reads the Fatale thread, it seems like EVERYONE will be bringing Fatale SS books to market soon. I wanted to get there first.

2) At the same time, I don't have the books in hand. CGC sent me the images and mailed the books on Monday, but I'm paranoid and there are a million things that could go wrong (mail service, CGC complications, etc) . A Monday or Tuesday end gives me time to actually get books in hand.

3) My work schedule is pretty insane these days. It can be very difficult for me to get out of the office when the post office is open (I rarely leave the office for lunch even). I try to take care of all of my auction stuff between Sunday (listing, packing items that have sold or are about to sell) and Monday (taking stuff to the post office). Sometimes stuff goes to the post office on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sometimes the schedule opens up. This was just the logic when I started listing a few of these items.

Most of my auctions are structured this way for these reasons.

I rarely sell on eBay (although it seems that I will be selling a fair amount of stuff there in the next couple of months). I'm not a dealer. I'm constrained, so my objective is to make some money (to offset CGC costs for books I want to keep) while keeping my day job (which I actually really like). If you guys can optimize your auctions to get better results, that's awesome. This is what works for me.

1) you're welcome ;)

2) try getting shipments to Canada. Never a problem yet. You should have the books today.

3) you work too hard

Starting the auctions at cost always attracts more bidders/attention.

This is good insight/info regarding listings. I am of the same mind, I hate waiting for a full week to see how a book does (because I'm impatient like that). But I also haven't done a 5 or 3 day auction because I wanted to get as many people interested in it as I can.

If I do decide to get my Fatale's SS'd it will be a 3 or 5 day auction. The worst that would happen is I have to relist it (since I agree with Jeff about starting the listing at cost).

Jerome

How does one gets their Fatale's signed?

Emerald City in Seattle next week. Brubaker will be there (thumbs u

Jerome

Jerome

How does one gets their Fatale's signed?

Emerald City in Seattle next week. Brubaker will be there (thumbs u

Jerome

Oh, I was thinking there was some facilitator involved. I would go but I just spent a butt load on Spring Break and I still have Dallas Comic Con in May.