• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider (1972-1983) HC/Omnibus Collection

9 posts in this topic

All knowing board members,

I was thinking of reading the original Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze run (1972-1983) in a hardcover or Omnibus collection. I cant determine if one even exists. Not interested in the Essential books (just dont care for the B&W).

Does one even exist?

Thanks, Brian

I hope the earliest issues in the run you're after get published as a high quality reprint sometime. They form a key part of a wish list item you see on the Marvel Masterworks fansite, described along the lines of 'Complete Marvel Horror by Mike Ploog'.

Perhaps it is the very demonic nature of the early years of the first series that is holding Marvel back from even doing a Masterworks on this cult favourite series, considering that Marvel had done a MM for second stringer like Iron Fist while GR on the other hand was quite a long running fan fave title that have had so many later revival runs and now with a second movie coming up.

Anyway, they have reprinted the earliest issues from the 1990s, Marvel Spotlight #5 was reprinted twice, in fact, the second time in glossy MM paper.