• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rethinking the "blank" megathreads...

41 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]It’s me the only one having a weird vibe

when the moderators

or any of the green coloured nicks

descend to the board to share their thoughts...[/font]

(shrug)

Not when its Brad Bradley, hes the cats Meow, the bees Knees and all the good kinda stuff!!

:cloud9:

[font:Book Antiqua]It’s me the only one having a weird vibe

when the moderators

or any of the green coloured nicks

descend to the board to share their thoughts...[/font]

(shrug)

Not when its Brad Bradley, hes the cats Meow, the bees Knees and all the good kinda stuff!!

:cloud9:

[font:Book Antiqua]Ahhh..., Mmmm... Oookkk....[/font]

:ohnoez:

I can def understand trying to streamline things and make it easier to post and check out sketches.

Usually when I want to look things up I try using the Search function but I find often times it is not as helpful as I would like :( Maybe an upgrade there would help?

Not sure what the best answer is. But it will never be a perfect system bc you have imperfect folks like me posting in this public forum lol

Not to sound too much like a politician but I can see merits on both sides and could argue either way. At least then I will be on the winning side :)

I would love to see both, especially if there was a seperate section where the artist megathreads go and where the blank megathreads go, similar to the modern, silver, signature sub class, that would make it infintley easier to find everything, because finding not as popular blanks or smaller artirts would still be very tough.

I would love to see both, especially if there was a seperate section where the artist megathreads go and where the blank megathreads go, similar to the modern, silver, signature sub class, that would make it infintley easier to find everything, because finding not as popular blanks or smaller artirts would still be very tough.

+1 sub-forums for SS!

Sales thread, Sketch opp thread, Blank thread / Artist appreciation thread, Convention Report thread etc

checking the artist's artwork for a con sketch can be done now by using CAF (it's how i do it)

imo finidng a sketch you have by useing the boards is kinda stupid, if you scaned it wouldn't you keep said scan somewhere, wither on photobucket or your PC or a pen drive (i use a pen drive 4GB atm & photobucket & CAF for the sketches)

finding others sketches that you liked (if the person doesn't already place them into CAF, which some already do) would be the only point i see to what your suggesting.....provided they fell like posting it in there or saying "i did it once no point doing it again" ( lol doubt it bc everyone loves to show off)

by chacter i see as being a better suggestion bc then the chacter is all in one spot and most imo go to said artist with a chacter in mind, others (a smaller % imo) let the artist pick their fav & i use The List to let them pick.......if by chacter then they can get an idea of what said artist will do with the chacter (but this can be done with CAF which can be searched by artist or chacter)

actully after reading that last point everything your suggesting for a reason can already be done using CAF.......so imo what your suggesting is a nice idea but pointless as the megathreads keep the thread counts down (10-12 total vs 100+) and a more detaled search by chacter/artist can be done useing CAF or to a lesser point Google/search function on the boards as most (imo) put the name of the artist when posting the sketch

A sub forum for artist appreciation would be great. I only collect sketches on backing boards and the search function is a pain when I'm trying to see what certain artists have done.

I haven't scanned my sketches in a while because they don't belong to any of the blanks clubs, so this might be what gets me back onboard.

I think every thread should have its creator

Well... That would not be entertaining...

hm

Unless of course....if specifically, the creator...... was, THE creator hm

I am with Dan on this one, for a number of reasons. First off, if it aint broke don't fix it. I know exactly where to go to post my new sketches and so does everyone else. Secondly, it will be awful to have to deal with the inevitable duplication that will occur if they are redone by artist or character. Oh boy, there is a fourth megathread for the hot new artist, Donkey McIlhaney.. Finally, it is easy to search by artist name to find what you are looking for without reposting four and a half years of sketches.
If Sean is against it, I'm for it and I don't even have any blank books.