• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reading comics with 100 watt light bulbs.... a thing of the past

197 posts in this topic

So I go into the dept. store to get some light bulbs and the guy tells me, "THEY" are discontinuing 100 watt bulbs in a year or so, in favor of more ecconomical and electricity saving types. I said.... WTF ..... I don't want to save a watt or two.... I WANT TO SEE !!! EFFIN SAVE THE PLANET BASTERDS !! :mad:

edit title: for all the "comics general police" :grin::popcorn:

So I go into the dept. store to get some light bulbs and the guy tells me, "THEY" are discontinuing 100 watt bulbs in a year or so, in favor of more ecconomical and electricity saving types. I said.... WTF ..... I don't want to save a watt or two.... I WANT TO SEE !!! EFFIN SAVE THE PLANET BASTERDS !! :mad:

lol

:popcorn:

CFLs are much brighter than incandescent bulbs for a given wattage. Your eyes will be fine.

Of course, you could go back to the gaslamp. :baiting:

CFLs are much brighter than incandescent bulbs for a given wattage. Your eyes will be fine.

Are you crazy... ?? 100 watt bulbs are replaced with 91 watters. 75's with 62's... and so on. The freakin planet runs on hydro electric power which is generated by water flowing through a dam and producing electricity .... WHICH IS 100 % GONNA LAST FOREVER !! YET THEY SAY WIND POWER IS EFFICIENT AND RENEWABLE..... BUT NOT WHAT THE DAMS GENERATE !!

THE EFFIN SALMON LOVERS ARE SLOWLY HAVING ALL THE DAMS DECONSTRUCTED SO SOME EFFIN FISH CAN SWIM UPSTREAM AND DIE !!! ARRRRRGGGGG !!!!

The ban was put on hold. Do a google search for 'incandescent light bulb ban'

I bet thats cuz of folks like you and me who told them that wasn't gonna work :grin:

Are you crazy... ?? 100 watt bulbs are replaced with 91 watters. 75's with 62's... and so on. The freakin planet runs on hydro electric power which is generated by water flowing through a dam and producing electricity .... WHICH IS 100 % GONNA LAST FOREVER !! YET THEY SAY WIND POWER IS EFFICIENT AND RENEWABLE..... BUT NOT WHAT THE DAMS GENERATE !!

THE EFFIN SALMON LOVERS ARE SLOWLY HAVING ALL THE DAMS DECONSTRUCTED SO SOME EFFIN FISH CAN SWIM UPSTREAM AND DIE !!! ARRRRRGGGGG !!!!

:roflmao:

:popcorn:

[font:Book Antiqua]So many things are changing in our generation...

:cry:

I want everything going back the way they use to be...

No, Wait I want

Steve Rogers’s 1944 America use to be...[/font]

:cloud9:

It's an unnatural light and different looking than incandenscant bulbs.

Personally, I can't stand those CFL lights. I hate 'em.

It's also a relatively new technology and I'm not sure all the possible health side effects can be known at this time.

And the whole reason I put this here is cuz I read comics by the power of a good light bulb..... which without.... WE WILL ALL GO BLIND TRYING TO READ OUR COMICS !! :sumo: