• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who to call if you need to move 80+ long boxes of 80's & 90's Drek?

27 posts in this topic

How does mcs buy this stuff when it may not even be worth the cost of shipping a long box (particularly now that media has gotten difficult?)?

I had this dilemna on a smaller scale...basically offered 20 boxes of drek from a local shop going out of business, I just needed to break my back hauling it home, schlepping it up my stairs and I decided not to. I'm regretting it now in that I suspect that there were probably 5 or 6 decent books per box that I had missed when cherry picking the inventory. But I'm not regretting avoiding hauling 20 longies up 3 flights of stairs.

MCS doesn't pay for shipping, the seller does.

It is surprising what they pay for certain issues.They don't want an awful lot of books you think would sell well but pay decent money for what they do want.

I recently bought a book off the boards for less than $30 that I sold to them for $78. I've been getting around $200 a month from them the last few months, for an hour or two of picking thru my boxes.

Is there a way to filter the buy list on their site to books that they're looking for now?

How does mcs buy this stuff when it may not even be worth the cost of shipping a long box (particularly now that media has gotten difficult?)?

I had this dilemna on a smaller scale...basically offered 20 boxes of drek from a local shop going out of business, I just needed to break my back hauling it home, schlepping it up my stairs and I decided not to. I'm regretting it now in that I suspect that there were probably 5 or 6 decent books per box that I had missed when cherry picking the inventory. But I'm not regretting avoiding hauling 20 longies up 3 flights of stairs.

It is surprising what they pay for certain issues.They don't want an awful lot of books you think would sell well but pay decent money for what they do want.

I recently bought a book off the boards for less than $30 that I sold to them for $78. I've been getting around $200 a month from them the last few months, for an hour or two of picking thru my boxes.

Is there a way to filter the buy list on their site to books that they're looking for now?

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record

In the "Look up comic books to sell or trade", change the dropdown that says "All Items" to "Only want list".

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record

In the "Look up comic books to sell or trade", change the dropdown that says "All Items" to "Only want list".

Thanks! (thumbs u

So how much is shipping on say 5-10 of these boxes?

I'm not sure what the question is. If you're asking about typical shipping costs when selling books to us:

- If you're selling to us using the"sell your entire collection" option (sell large group of books regardless of whether they're on our want list or not), we provide a prepaid shipping label so the seller pays no shipping. You use the label and shipping is billed to our UPS account. As discussed previously, if the contents of the collection are such that we'd pay more for the shipping than the books are worth to us, we'd decline to make an offer for the collection and suggest that you instead use our want list system.

- If you're selling to us using our want list system, we add a shipping rebate to your total payment that partially offsets your shipping cost. The amount of the shipping rebate is described here: http://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/shippingrebate

I've been sending books to them for consignment and auction for several months now. What I do is go thru their buy list and send them a few titles I won't miss that cover the cost of shipping the books for consignment.