• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who to call if you need to move 80+ long boxes of 80's & 90's Drek?

27 posts in this topic

I don't know whom to contact (shrug)

My LCS wants to get rid of everything in their warehouse - there are 80+ long boxes of "the usual."

From what I have been told it is not all 90's but some 80's and about 5% 1970's but nothing special. I told them to expect .10 or less on this stuff and they don't care - they just want it gone.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

K

My LCS wants to get rid of everything in their warehouse - there are 80+ long boxes of "the usual."

From what I have been told it is not all 90's but some 80's and about 5% 1970's but nothing special. I told them to expect .10 or less on this stuff and they don't care - they just want it gone.

Thanks in advance,

K

Todd McDevitt, New Dimension Comics. He'll buy all of it.

How does mcs buy this stuff when it may not even be worth the cost of shipping a long box (particularly now that media has gotten difficult?)?

I had this dilemna on a smaller scale...basically offered 20 boxes of drek from a local shop going out of business, I just needed to break my back hauling it home, schlepping it up my stairs and I decided not to. I'm regretting it now in that I suspect that there were probably 5 or 6 decent books per box that I had missed when cherry picking the inventory. But I'm not regretting avoiding hauling 20 longies up 3 flights of stairs.

How does mcs buy this stuff when it may not even be worth the cost of shipping a long box (particularly now that media has gotten difficult?)?

The answer is that we don't--as you point out, there are some collections of large numbers of mostly glut period books where it would cost more to ship the books than the books are worth to us. Since we pay the shipping via UPS Ground for collections we buy, if there's not enough value in the collection to be worth the shipping, then we'll decline to make an offer and instead suggest that the seller use our want list system to sell us the books we actively need.

I had this dilemna on a smaller scale...basically offered 20 boxes of drek from a local shop going out of business, I just needed to break my back hauling it home, schlepping it up my stairs and I decided not to. I'm regretting it now in that I suspect that there were probably 5 or 6 decent books per box that I had missed when cherry picking the inventory. But I'm not regretting avoiding hauling 20 longies up 3 flights of stairs.

MCS doesn't pay for shipping, the seller does.

It is surprising what they pay for certain issues.They don't want an awful lot of books you think would sell well but pay decent money for what they do want.

I recently bought a book off the boards for less than $30 that I sold to them for $78. I've been getting around $200 a month from them the last few months, for an hour or two of picking thru my boxes.

Thanks in advance,

K

Where they at?

Thanks in advance,

K

Where they at?

Try someone like "freightquote.com". They'll pick up as a pallet and you save at least half of UPS. You'll want a trucking company over a package delivery service for this volume.

Thanks in advance,

K

Where they at?

They are in Santa Barbara, CA