• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original comic art finds or discoveries?

5 posts in this topic

Has there ever been a notable comic art find? I am thinking something along the lines of an unknown OA collector that passed away, and a stack of portfolios containing comic art were found among their belongings. Perhaps something akin to one of the comic book pedigrees, but with OA.

Another way to look at it.... do comic art dealers dream of finding or even proactively search for a hidden stash of OA like comic dealers do?

hm

The Kirby 60s SA Marvel OA stash was discovered over 10 years ago and the roller coaster "king" of USA bought a load of it. Their was a master list of some of this missing SA Kirby art inventoried in a Comics Journal article including ASM #1 OA. Can't remember if J. Buscema's Silver Surfer #4 complete book of OA was on that inventory sheet though or deemed non-missing/stolen OA. :gossip:

Think I may be getting my hi-rollers mixed up. Roller coaster king of USA bought the White Mtn AF #15 for a 10 year ahead price thru Sotheby's auction. Another hi-roller bought a stack of Kirby SA Marvel OA and was profiled in J. Weist's 2nd volume of OA, underground, fanzine price guide.