• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- October 26-28, 2012

129 posts in this topic

Last year Dale, Bedrock, and Duncanville Books were the only quality GA/SA dealers I remember.

Anthony's art was there last year. Hope there's some Art dealers too.

Harley was there too, as I recall.

That's right! Forgot about that because Harley wasn't actually there. They had a bigger booth than the year before.

It's been nearly 7 years since I went to a Wizard World con... hell any comic con for that matter. 2005 Wizard World Texas (Arlington at the time). Spent literally all day sitting at Tim and Joe Vigil's booth drinking Knob Creek, drawing and BSing while Tim did sketches for people.

Tim Vigil

TimVigil.jpg

Joe Vigil

JoeVigil.jpg

Tim Vigil Sketch of Dimebag Darrell

TimVigilSketch.jpg

Joe Vigil Sketch of a Zombie

JoeVigilSketch.jpg

One of my most prized things... an art lesson from the master himself

TimVigil-ArtLesson.jpg

Now I remember the folks from Heritage being there. But I didn't pay attention to how it works with them at conventions as far as getting a book graded. I assume they do walk ups? And you get the book back that day?

If I knew for sure they would be at this one and I would be able to get a couple of books signed and graded on the spot, I would be there for sure. I've missed out on meeting Neal Adams so many times. It would be great to have him sign my Bats 227 and get it graded.

The past 2 years CGC has come to Austin but does not do onsite grading there. So you can get books witnessed by CGC and submit directly through them, but they can't get your books back to you that weekend. You'll get them back in the mail just like a normal submission.

hey guys i'm planning on driving up from houston for the con. i was looking at the VIP pass for $199.99. i've never been to this con before and was wondering if anyone knew what the • CGC 9.8 (Random) meant.

Do we get a free submission? They just give you a random slab?

Also, of all the batman guys going to Austin. who would you get a batman sketch from (other than neal adams)?