• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUCTION HELP NEEDED

12 posts in this topic

OK, since I am a big fat person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point when it comes toi auctions, I am coming to you guys for advice so I don't have a lame-o auction again. I don't want to break these remaining comics down and sell them one by one...that is a huge pain in the butt. I want to group them together,but I don't know how. should I:

list these together:

Giant Size X-men #1 CGC 7.0 White/Off White pages

97 CGC 7.0 White Pages

124 CGC 9.4 Purple Label White/Off White Pages (Restored)

and then

X-Men 120 vf - 124vf - 128vf - 133vf - 137vf - 138f/vf - 139 vf/nm - 140vf - 144vf - 145vf - 145 fn/vf - 146vf - 147vf - 148fn/vf - 149vf - 150vf - 151vf - 156fn/vf - 162vf - 163vf - 164vf/nm - 165vf - 166vf/nm - 173vf - 189vf - 200vf - 200vg - 217fn - 246vf/nm -271vf/nm - 281vf/nm - 284 vf/nm - 296vf - 297vf - 308vf - 350vf/nm foil

or just say hell with it and list them all together.

Sell post Byrne in lots of around 10(i.e. fits into one comic shipping box).

Even though you've had a rough start, keep everything else as single auctions...should get more money that way. Of course it will be more of a hassle with multiple singles. It really depends on how much time and effort you want to spend.

Also, the PLOD book might scare off buyers for the other CGC books.

list the Giant Size in a seperate auction.

since you have 2 CGC books in with the other raw group you can put CGC in the ebay title devil.gifthumbsup2.gif

Timely

heeeyy...good idea. thumbsup2.gif

Sell post Byrne in lots of around 10(i.e. fits into one comic shipping box).

Even though you've had a rough start, keep everything else as single auctions...should get more money that way. Of course it will be more of a hassle with multiple singles. It really depends on how much time and effort you want to spend.

Also, the PLOD book might scare off buyers for the other CGC books.

I better offload the pLOD by itself or just keep it. I never thought about the fact it may give people the wrong idea about the other comics in the batch.

To get top dollar, I'd wait till I got more positive feedback.

I'd sell off other items and buy other items at the range of $1-3 dollars a piece and build a

strong feedback base. If you don't, sure your comics will sell, but not half of what you could of sold for.

As an arbitrary example I'm always a gambler, I see a seller that has less than less than 10 feedback - I'm a vulture and I don't mind sniping his $9.99 ASM #100 VF/NM to check him out and possibly get a nice book on the cheap.

Usually the book is really VF-/VF and is fine because I except a full grade down

especially at these prices.

Build your feedback to atleast 50 +, that's my recomendation.

I'd keep the PLOD. It'll always be a reminder, and it'll be a great story to tell. Plus it didn't cost you that much.

confused-smiley-013.gif

You are probably right. Just a reminder for the people that don't know what one is when you are showing off your collection...you know, like in a museum. I can just hear the museum curator now...

"...and on your left we have a Maroon Label X-Men #122 Modern Grade CGC 9.2 with OW/W Pages circa 2001. Soon after ward the grading scale changed and brought us fine examples such as this Blue Label X-Men #123 Universal Grade CGC 9.4 with White Pages you see here on your right. At the end of the exhibit hall you will see what is commonly referred to as a PLOD....these are mainly used to get laughs out of your friends and have no real value....please move on."

I better offload the pLOD by itself or just keep it.

Do what FF and I suggested yesterday. Crack it, and try and find the touch yourself!

or crack it and submit it to CGG instead and get a non-restored grade out of it. 893whatthe.gif

I'm kidding folks...just kidding. I would never submit to CGG. 27_laughing.gif

Ugh. I HATE people who do that. Not as bad as CGC ready or sumfin' like that tho.

since you have 2 CGC books in with the other raw group you can put CGC in the ebay title devil.gifthumbsup2.gif

Timely

Ugh. I HATE people who do that. Not as bad as CGC ready or sumfin' like that tho.

Timely

Well, I have listed the books...NO CGC books in the batch.

HERE IS A LINK TO THE AUCTION

wish me luck!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif