• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing Companies posted by Ronnylama

4 posts in this topic

PRINTER OR BOOK?

Interesting to me is that I find certain companies producing 9.9 to 10 more readily than I have found with Image (Walking Dead). Is this strategic malfunctioning business or a matter of bad printing? Tease me.... In this statement I feel ther are better printing companies which will, If Demanded, produce the Investing In The Read You Love. Let us commend the Prideful Printing Companies...they help cgc AND US

See more journals by Ronnylama

Investing In The Read I Love.

I think issue 3 is the origin of NAMBLA Boy.

Knowing what I know about the printing business, I would say that it is not strategic that one printer mishandled books while the others don't. It's simply a matter of how the books are stacked and handled (physically or mechanically) as they go through the bindery department.

Not all printing companies will have the same equipment, and this equipment handles the product differently. Not to mention on a print run of 100,000, quality control on the books is geared toward registration, ink density and coverage - and I'm not sure anyone at the printer cares how the product is boxed. My guess is that their attitude is: as long as the books are stacked properly, that's where the concern ends.

It really is somewhat of a minor miracle to actually get a 9.9 or 10.0 comic. With the repeat handling and transporting of these unprotected books, it's amazing that they stay in that condition.