• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish I could've gotten in on this one...

5 posts in this topic

There's no "Platinum" thread here so I'll post this here on the Gold and hope someone has an interest.

Linky

I'm not the biggest Platinum guy out there, but I've been a huge Windsor McCay fan for many years. His work is really important I think to the "fantastical" content that dominated at the height of the Golden Age. I would have loved to have gotten in on the bidding on this book, but they out-paced me in the $500 range.

According to OS, there are 4 known copies of this 1905 book. I don't know if this is #5.

Hope this isn't totally OT...

Windsor McKay was an absolute genius. I've got some reprints of his stuff, and it's awesome. There's so much detail and imagination in everything that he drew.

I know that book is supposed to be VERY rare, but this is the 2nd copy I've seen on eBay in less than 12 months. This one's in much better shape than the previous one, which went for more than $1000.