• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Criteria to be added to a set?

9 posts in this topic

I notice that in the Darkness set there are comics like "Darkness and Tomb Raider", or significant issues like Witchblade 10. It seems that if key comics from other series like Witchblade #19 are in the set, why wouldn't comics like "Witchblade vs Darkness" be included?

What is the criteria to include an issue in the set?

The reason I have them in my collection is because of their significance to The Darkness or Jackie, not because I'm collecting Witchblade.

First, you ask that it be included in the existing set. Next, you spend untold pages bickering back and forth as to why it should or should not be included in the existing set with collectors who collect the same title and/or busy bodies who don't collect the title but otherwise feel their input is just too valuable to not be included. Next, it is decided that there needs to be two or three different sets and everyone bitches and moans about what should be in each set and what shouldn't. Once the dust settles from that, you end up with the books you wanted added to an as-yet-to-be -created set that is added to the list of sets Gemma "gets" to create.

First, you ask that it be included in the existing set. Next, you spend untold pages bickering back and forth as to why it should or should not be included in the existing set with collectors who collect the same title and/or busy bodies who don't collect the title but otherwise feel their input is just too valuable to not be included. Next, it is decided that there needs to be two or three different sets and everyone bitches and moans about what should be in each set and what shouldn't. Once the dust settles from that, you end up with the books you wanted added to an as-yet-to-be -created set that is added to the list of sets Gemma "gets" to create.

Woah, I had to read this a few times. My first read, I thought you were accusing me of spending pages person_without_enough_empathying. I was sure I did the obligatory searches, and had turned nothing up. I see what you're saying.

I assume books can be in multiple sets, otherwise in my example above, those with the Witchblade set would be screaming.

Is this thread appropriate for the request, or is there another place to post this? I would like to request the 'Witchblade vs Darkness' be added to the Darkness set in addition to it already being in the Witchblade set. If Darkness/Batman or Darkness and Tomb Raider are viable, I would think it would also qualify.

Thank you, kindly. I had found a thread for adding sets, but was unsuccessful in locating anything on additions to existing sets. (Could have been under my nose, but I'm still finding my way around on the forums here).

Let me know if I'm not following protocol with an appropriate level of hostility in my discussion thread, and I will adjust accordingly.

You cannot improve upon this response. Well done! :golfclap:

Let me know if I'm not following protocol with an appropriate level of hostility in my discussion thread, and I will adjust accordingly.
lol

It's endearing when noobs are overly polite. :cloud9:

Welcome to the Boards!