• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STERANKO paperback bundle deal - 10 books $40 postpaid

33 posts in this topic

I thought I'd try something a little different with this sale. I'll be listing items featuring Steranko artwork (anything but comics!) that are uncommon and sometimes, scarce.

:takeit: trumps PMs. Shipping is $3.00 for Media Mail for any number of items. Will ship to Canada for exact shipping (after getting a quote from USPS). Minimum order for overseas buyers is $30.

First up is a group of Shadow paperbacks featuring Steranko painted artwork.

The Shadow #3 - The Mobsmen On The Spot - 1st Pyramid printing - has Steranko design and back cover painting but front cover was done by classic Shadow artist (Steranko wanted him to get royalties for this cover, from what I understand). Minor edge wear and very small crease on lower left back corner. Marker on top and bottom edges of pages.

The Shadow #4 - Hands In The Dark - 1st Pyramid printing - Steranko front and back cover design and paintings. Edge wear and minor creasing. Upper left corner crease.

The Shadow #9 - The Romanoff Jewels - 1st Pyramid printing - Steranko front and back cover design and paintings. Vertical crease on front cover, spine a bit wavy with some creases.

The Shadow #12 - Shadowed Millions - 2nd Pyramid printing - Steranko front and back cover design and paintings. Vertical crease on front cover, some edge wear.

$24 for all four books

img233.jpg

img234.jpg

img235.jpg

img242.jpg

Steranko did two covers for the Marvel Comics index series by George Olshevsky in 1979 (published by Marvel). The Captain America issue is hard to find and features the first printing of what might be the best image of Captain America that Steranko ever produced, in glorious wraparound color! 8.5 x 11" in size! That makes the wraparound cover 8.5" x 22" ! Interior is an amazing index resource of Tales of Suspense, Golden Age, Silver and Bronze Captain America.

First copy is VG-Fine due to water damage (staining and rippling) on front and back cover. Interior is a little bit rippled, but doesn't affect readability.

This copy is $20

img237.jpgimg236.jpg

2nd copy of the same Olshevsky Captain America index with awesome Steranko cover is in VF+ condition (minor edge wear, small 1/4" crease on front right top and bottom corners).

This copy is SOLD

img239.jpgimg238.jpg

Next up are copies of the auto-biographical Graphic Prince of Darkness that Steranko designed and produced in 1997. This book is full of art that had never been released before or since including:

Pencils to a never published story in the "Stroke of Midnight"-style that was intended for Marvel

Original cover to Tower of Shadows #1 that was never published

Storyboards for Coppola's Dracula

and many more... and a ton of unbelievable and outrageous biographical material. This is a must-own for any Steranko fan.

First copy is in VF condition with a top-right cover corner crease. Otherwise NM and unread. 32 pages, comic-book size.

This copy is $12

img241.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3547-1.jpg

Next up are two very very scare Shadow paperback covers. These were produced as new editions of the Pyramid paperbacks (#11 and #12) when Pyramid evolved into Jove, but with new cover paintings by Steranko that were produced in much lower quantities. People who collect these Shadow paperbacks know how hard these are to find. This was the only printing with these covers.

The Shadow #11 - Kings of Crime - Jove Printing - Steranko front and back cover designs and front cover painting. Minor edge wear, 1/8 tear middle top back cover. Handwritten X inside back cover.

The Shadow #12 - Shadowed Millions - Jove Printing - Steranko front and back cover designs and front cover painting. Minor edge wear, Top right front cover small crease.

These books are $45 each

img232.jpg

img231.jpg

I have two more copies in NM/unread condition. Same interior as above! Both are $20 each.

img240.jpg

:takeit: one copy.

Here are three more paperbacks with Steranko covers:

Lord of Blood (Lancer, 1970) - One of the first covers that Steranko created in the midst of leaving Marvel. cover wear, small stains top right corner front cover

Kelwin (Lancer, 1970) - One of the first covers that Steranko created in the midst of leaving Marvel - some spine roll

The Reavers of Skaith (Ballantine, 1976) - minor edge wear, few back cover creases.

All three books for $18

img243.jpg

img244.jpg

img245.jpg

img246.jpg

I have two more copies in NM/unread condition. Same interior as above! Both are $20 each.

:takeit: one copy.

Thank you!

One "Graphic Prince of Darkness" sold. I realized that I have 3 total NM/unread copies, so there are two left. VF copy also still available.

I own this, and if you are a Steranko fan it's a MUST OWN!!!

Agreed. His cover for TOS #1 is so much better than Romita's.

And too radical for Stan!

Three more Shadow paperbacks. All Jove first printings from 1977. These appear to be unread.

The Shadow #17 FINGERS OF DEATH - Steranko front and back cover design with original Steranko painting. Minor edge and surface wear. Tiny crease top right front cover.

The Shadow #18 MURDER TRAIL - Steranko front and back cover design with original Steranko painting. Minor edge and surface wear. Crease in spine about 1/2" from top.

The Shadow #20 CHARG, MONSTER - Steranko front and back cover design with original Steranko painting. Minor edge and surface wear. Chip out of bottom spine.

$30 for all three books.

img247.jpg

img248.jpg

img249.jpg

img250.jpg

img240.jpg

:takeit: both

A bathroom copy and a hot tub copy? hm