• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City ComicCon 2012 May 18, 19, and 20

127 posts in this topic

I'd say they were very comparable, with Motor City being a tad larger. Last time I went to Mid Ohio was two to three years ago and I don't know if it has expanded since then. Comic selection is usually pretty good, but the Cosplay is kept at a minimum. Crowds on a Saturday is pretty packed but not like a Fan Expo, NYCC, SD or WWChicago.

Jim

Except there will be a ton of good dealers at Motor City. I will be there as well as Harley, Bob, Ted, and others.

This will be the 1st time in 8 years I will not be going to the show. Although its nice road trip and only 3.5 hrs drive from Toronto, the guest list simply doesn't warrant the drive.

I'm giving serious consideration to attending the Big Wow show...anyone been to that one?

Got up at 5:30 this morning thinking the show started today :facepalm:

Sorry, but lol

:foryou:

Yep, :roflmao:

Did you make it to the Michigan border when you figured out it was next weekend?

lol No, thankfully I had to check something on the website this morning and FINALLY noticed the big May 18th, 19th, and 20th on the Homepage.

I'd say they were very comparable, with Motor City being a tad larger. Last time I went to Mid Ohio was two to three years ago and I don't know if it has expanded since then. Comic selection is usually pretty good, but the Cosplay is kept at a minimum. Crowds on a Saturday is pretty packed but not like a Fan Expo, NYCC, SD or WWChicago.

Jim

Except there will be a ton of good dealers at Motor City. I will be there as well as Harley, Bob, Ted, and others.

Totally agree with this point...I even hear there might be a certain someone making their "dealer" debut at this show :gossip:

Look forward to seeing you next week Dale :thumbsup:

Jim

Jim

Totally agree with this point...I even hear there might be a certain someone making their "dealer" debut at this show :gossip:

Jim

I really hope that rumor is false. :preach:

Jim

Jim

That's right!!! I will be setting up for the first time, representing my buddy Gary, as MOONDOGS makes it's Motor City debut!!! :banana:

Just booked my flight and hotel! :banana:

Does anyone know of a closer hotel than the Crowne Plaza (Con hotel) (shrug)

:o

The Staybridge is on Grand River, so it's a little bit closer and easier than the Crowne Plaza which is across I-96.

Is there a big difference in walking time? I don't remember the area....

Just booked my flight and hotel! :banana:

Does anyone know of a closer hotel than the Crowne Plaza (Con hotel) (shrug)

:o

The Staybridge is on Grand River, so it's a little bit closer and easier than the Crowne Plaza which is across I-96.

Is there a big difference in walking time? I don't remember the area....

I'm not sure you even can walk across I-96, so Crowne might be out in that regard. The bridges across I-96 at Novi Road and at Beck road are extrememly busy. The Staybridge would be about a mile by foot. It is on the opposite side of Grand River as the convention center.

Actually, there is a dive Hotel called the Fairlane with is probably just a few hundred yards from the convention center on the same side of Grand River. There are a few other dives closer than the larger hotels.

The Courtyard Novi is on the same side of I-96 as the convention center, but it's a good two mile walk.