• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome Back Nick (Bosco685)!!!

75 posts in this topic

I figured why not have "Welcome Back Threads" for boardies sent away on "recommended" vacations.

Nick will be returning most likely by Tuesday morning and I am glad he will be back.

Before someone rips into me for instigating trouble, I just want to counter that Bosco685 has shown me enough kindness and respect, since the first day I joined these very boards.

He was kind enough to chip in for my deceased father's flower arrangement for his funeral, upon hearing I might be giving up comics(due to depression), he sent me a box full of Copper goodness to help find my love for the hobby again,

DSC05013Large.jpg

...and he has watched over me on these boards as a true friend that I can always count on to talk to or get any kind of advice.

I ask all of you to welcome him back also and turn this into a Bosco685 Appreciation Thread for all his hard work on here.

Thank you for your time.

...and thank you Nick

:foryou:

I figured why not have "Welcome Back Threads" for boardies sent away on "recommended" vacations.

Nick will be returning most likely by Tuesday morning and I am glad he will be back.

Before someone rips into me for instigating trouble, I just want to counter that Bosco685 has shown me enough kindness and respect, since the first day I joined these very boards.

He was kind enough to chip in for my deceased father's flower arrangement for his funeral, upon hearing I might be giving up comics(due to depression), he sent me a box full of Copper goodness to help find my love for the hobby again,

DSC05013Large.jpg

...and he has watched over me on these boards as a true friend that I can always count on to talk to or get any kind of advice.

I ask all of you to welcome him back also and turn this into a Bosco685 Appreciation Thread for all his hard work on here.

Thank you for your time.

...and thank you Nick

:foryou:

And im sorry for your loss :foryou:

Is there a reason for the 'welcome back' to be offered before he's, well, back?

I mean, following this sort of procedure, we could have birthday threads started the month before, guesses on what books might sell for in the Heritage auctions next year, even through we've got no idea what books they might be, 'welcome to the boards' threads for members we'd have to dream up, advice requests on how to run comic apps on the iPhone 41, complaints about eBay sellers who might set up an account at some point and get around to selling things, etc, etc

Just wondering what the rush is? :/

I mean, following this sort of procedure, we could have birthday threads started the month before, guesses on what books might sell for in the Heritage auctions next year, even through we've got no idea what books they might be, 'welcome to the boards' threads for members we'd have to dream up, advice requests on how to run comic apps on the iPhone 41, complaints about eBay sellers who might set up an account at some point and get around to selling things, etc, etc

Doesn't the world come to an end this year?

:facepalm:

Try to do a good thing...

But seriously, I'm not around these parts at the beginning of the week and I just wanted Nick to have a proper welcoming to show how we all appreciate his involvement in this community, in a "It's a Wonderful Comic Life"-type thread. I wanted everyone to have a chance to chime in, before he signs back in Tuesday. Kinda sets a positive atmosphere for his return. :)