• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOES THIS BEAT THE STAN LEE ROACH SKETCH?

83 posts in this topic

i've been saying this for a while now, but stan lee CGC SS books will soon have no demand the way he is flooding his own market.

The demand is tremendous. Especially on vintage material. Maybe the moderns are too plentiful, but the market for vintage is just fine.

if that makes you sleep better at night. :baiting:

I rarely think about Stan Lee SS before bed, but I did last night because I just sold one. :cloud9:

This has become a tradition. A tradition in folk art. Or perhaps a celebration of the primitive. It's like ancient aboriginal art. I think it's beautiful. I'm repulsed by it.

IMG_1565.jpg

It reminds me of a fertility tiki doll that my grandmother brought back from Hawaii. She kept it in the house, and thankfully, his giant tiki wang was hidden behind a grass skirt, unlike Stan's version.

There are definitely a ton of them out there. But the demand for Stan is greater than any other creator, and probably greater than any 5 other creators combined. People that hate SS want a Stan book. People that hate signed comics, period, want a book signed by Stan. I have no real opinion as to the modern books that he didn't work on and their staying power, but the vintage stuff is still doing great.

I agree. I actually don't care how many are out there - I've got a couple of my favorite Marvel books with Stan Lee sigs, and that cool for me. I think - ultimately - there will be enough people out there that appreciate a Stan Lee sig to make sure the market doesn't flood completely. It's definitely a must for my collection.

It reminds me of a fertility tiki doll that my grandmother brought back from Hawaii. She kept it in the house, and thankfully, his giant tiki wang was hidden behind a grass skirt, unlike Stan's version.

Feingcund!

This has become a tradition. A tradition in folk art. Or perhaps a celebration of the primitive. It's like ancient aboriginal art. I think it's beautiful. I'm repulsed by it.

I'll be signing it at the next TBCC.

Joe Redner and a few "employees" also agreed to add their signature to it in March.

Nothing will ever top the Lee Cockroach.

ASM129_lee_spider_mini.jpg

Well, maybe nothing.

:o

Batman_Stanlee.jpg

I wish someone would post that sig series one with the spider-roach-poop directly under Spidey's behind. That one took the cake.., as it twere. :blush:

I understand the want to have Stan Lee's signature on a book - I have a couple, but what about the other 'grandfather' of marvel... Surely, Jack Kirby's signature should be of higher value especially as he has his signature is relatively rare - right?

I understand the want to have Stan Lee's signature on a book - I have a couple, but what about the other 'grandfather' of marvel... Surely, Jack Kirby's signature should be of higher value especially as he has his signature is relatively rare - right?

It is outside of the purview of the Sig Series program, because he passed away in the mid 1990's. Authentication plays a large part in the value. Kirby sigs are awesome, but they don't add the same kind of premium without authentication.

It is outside of the purview of the Sig Series program, because he passed away in the mid 1990's. Authentication plays a large part in the value. Kirby sigs are awesome, but they don't add the same kind of premium without authentication.

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

Said Sam I Am.

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

Said Sam I Am.

I don't like green eggs & spam.

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

Said Sam I Am.

But do you like green eggs with scam?

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

:facepalm:

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

Said Sam I Am.

I do, I do like green eggs with scam spam.

Scam.

& spam.

Scam spam.

Spam scam.

Said Sam I Am.

I do, I do like green eggs with scam spam.

We'll send your transvestite right over then, man. I mean maam. banana052.gif