• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planning for Tragedy with Comics and Family

29 posts in this topic

wait am I the only one here being cremated on a funeral pyre of long boxes?
Only efficient way to get rid of those modern Marvels 1655256-banana2.gif

I've been losing my mind about this very topic.

I decided to make it easier by dumping a massive portion of my collection. Sold a big chunk about 2 weeks. Been working on more these past few weeks and have a buyer potentially ready.

Pat

All,

I'm curious about how some of you have prepared for the future and personal tragedy? Specifically, what have you set up in case something happens to you and your spouse and loved ones are "stuck" with a large collection of comics to deal with? Do you have insurance for your collectibles? Do you have your valuable comics inventoried and does your family know how to find the good stuff? And what should they do with your comics in case of disaster for you? Do they know where to go for help?

Personally, I have collectibles insuruance, and insurance on myself. However, my wife would be clueless on what's of value and what's junk. I'm looking for good ideas to help amke it easier in case something happens to me. I don't want my family to have a burden of dealing with several thousand comics with no idea of how to handle them.

Thoughts? Thank you...

V/R,

Mike

I have certain people who know what I have and have agreed to handle the selling of my collection. With 75% going to the wife and 25% going to them for the trouble. All is outlined in a will and she knows sellers as well so she knows who to take my stuff to when the time comes.

I've been losing my mind about this very topic.

I decided to make it easier by dumping a massive portion of my collection. Sold a big chunk about 2 weeks. Been working on more these past few weeks and have a buyer potentially ready.

Pat

I've been cleaning out some of my junk also to ensure it's not such a mess for me and anyone who has to deal with them come a disaster. God willing, not for a long time!

V/R,

Mike

Actually I've been trying to get all my raw books graded, if not worthy to get graded then I try to sell them raw. Any CGC books I have I get them scanned right away. So my wife doesn’t have to worry about scanning the books. I've tried to talk to my wife about this but it really bothers her. She said she would like to hold on the books for a while to something of remembering me by.