• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timely's/Bronze Pedigrees, FF, Thor, TTA's and More

23 posts in this topic

Going to try and free up some cash for other purchases and might consolidate one of my other sales threads. First up Sub-Mariner Comics #6 SOLD via PM. A really gorgeous copy that seems to have slight color touch on the top RHC and maybe a dot above the "S" in Sub-mariner but there does not appear to be any bleed through. Pages are off-white, this book is gorgeous in hand. Here is a discussion on its grade, I'd say its safe to say its a VF. Money back guarantee if your not happy with this book.

Link

SMC6fc.jpg

smc6bc.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #32 - Olshevsky Copy. This books grades out as a solid 7.0 with OW pages. SOLD via PM. I have the mylar that identifies this book as being from this collection. Here's a little neat blurb of info I pulled off of Wikipedia:

George Olshevsky was born on June 12, 1946, and for many years (particularly the 1960s to the 1980s) "collected Marvel Comics and compiled the Official Marvel Comics Index for Marvel," owning for 14 years "the world’s only complete collection of Marvel superhero comics that extended all the way back to Marvel’s first comic book, Marvel Comics #1, October–November 1939". While compiling the Marvel Indices, he "produced some 60 fully illustrated books, totaling more than a million and a quarter words," producing indices to all the major Marvel Superheroes (including Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Marvel Team-Up, etc.) mostly between 1976 and 1988, although he notes that beyond the 1976 date, he "never did manage to index every single Marvel superhero comic, just the more popular runs".

mar32555a.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #32 - Olshevsky Copy. This books grades out as a solid 7.0 with OW pages. Asking $1,500 shipped in North America or the UK, I have the mylar that identifies this book as being from this collection. Here's a little neat blurb of info I pulled off of Wikipedia:

George Olshevsky was born on June 12, 1946, and for many years (particularly the 1960s to the 1980s) "collected Marvel Comics and compiled the Official Marvel Comics Index for Marvel," owning for 14 years "the worlds only complete collection of Marvel superhero comics that extended all the way back to Marvels first comic book, Marvel Comics #1, OctoberNovember 1939". While compiling the Marvel Indices, he "produced some 60 fully illustrated books, totaling more than a million and a quarter words," producing indices to all the major Marvel Superheroes (including Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Marvel Team-Up, etc.) mostly between 1976 and 1988, although he notes that beyond the 1976 date, he "never did manage to index every single Marvel superhero comic, just the more popular runs".

mar32555a.jpg

Very nice book !

Thor #185 CGC 9.8 White Pages - Twin Cities Pedigree asking $440 shipped in North America.

T185TC.jpg

TTA#100 CGC 9.6 Mass Pedigree. This book is on route to me but should be in my possession any day now, hate to let it go but I do have the Winnipeg and Pac Coast copy already so no need to be a hog. Asking $750 shipped in North America. I must say that at a glance its slightly better looking than the Pac Coast copy, snow white cover.

TTA100Mass.jpg