• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD and CLOSED! 'Tec 102 - Joker cover

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just one book tonight as I attempt, like many of you, to build up a war chest for some grails.

First :takeit: in the thread trumps everything, including PMs and unconfirmed negotiations. PayPal is very preferred but I can do USPS money orders if that’s your bag. Shipping to the U.S. is included in the price, shipping to Canada will be actual shipping as calculated from a Montreal postal code.

Rules are the usual: no HOSers, probies, or other miscreants. Thanks for your interest!

+++

Available here is a very cool GA Detective that is a great book for anyone wanting to sample the era without breaking the bank. This 'Tec 102 is missing its back cover but has most of its front, while the contents of the book itself are complete and very solid. As you can see from the scans, it looks like someone, once upon a time, had attempted to save the cover by stapling it in three places - you can see the marks on the front and back. Also, through the first three flaps, there are some small holes/punctures that are pretty unnoticeable (see photo with page held to light) - not sure if they're a production issue, or what - but they get less pronounced as the book goes on and are gone by about midway through.

Guide has this Joker cover book from 1945 as $161 in 2.0 if you can find it... It certainly ain't that, so let's try:

$48 SHIPPED!

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

back of book:

scan0004-1.jpg

small puncture marks through first few flaps that disappear toward middle of book:

IMG_4119.jpg

Definate :headbang: are in order. I've been wanting a G.A. tec joker cover for soooo long when I saw $48 shipped, I broke my keyboard in half trying to type in take it fast enough. I don't even care if the back cover is missing, I won't even notice it. This thing will be cherished as if it was a gem mint tec 102.

:takeit:

^^ Thanks very much! Honestly, it's a great book - you can really just enjoy it and appreciate the fact it's almost 70 years old and not stress too much about the condition... and really, all things considered, it presents pretty well!

:takeit:

^^ Thanks very much! Honestly, it's a great book - you can really just enjoy it and appreciate the fact it's almost 70 years old and not stress too much about the condition... and really, all things considered, it presents pretty well!

(Thumbs u

I P.M.d you about the payment. Thanks for the sweet book.