• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wikipedia Is Blacked Out!

96 posts in this topic

Well, it is what it is, unless of course, it isn't.. hm

Exactly. (thumbs u

When there is no light, everything is black...then you turn on the black light and everything is g r o o v y. StonedSmiley.gif

Dat der is sum Jive

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Math

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Science

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Aww, Penny's confused again.

I kinda like her confused...

kaley+cuoco.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Math

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Science

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kaley+cuoco.jpg

I kinda like her conmigo.. ;)

Back to the topic - if SOPA and PIPA were enacted, I may not be able to post a picture of the lucious Penny on an internet message board...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Math

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Science

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kaley+cuoco.jpg

MMMM :cloud9: Perky...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Math

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Science

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comics

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kaley+cuoco.jpg

MMMM :cloud9: Perky...

I kinda like her anyway. She can come sing soft kitty to me whenever she wants.

I don't see a problem with copyright holders protecting their assets. I'm in the minority I guess. (shrug)

I don't think this is necessarily the way to go about it but there should be protection.

I agree copyright holders should have recourse to protect themselves and their product(s), and they already have substantial protections in place. PIPA and SOPA are both nutty bills giving over reaching powers.

Can you imagine posting a panel out of a comic on a public forum and having the forum shut down and the poster getting sued? :screwy:

This reminds of when it was okay to sue someone for libel or slander just to shut them down for critiquing or being the competition. Thankfully, several states have SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) laws in place preventing this sort of tactic.

I don't see a problem with copyright holders protecting their assets. I'm in the minority I guess. (shrug)

I don't think this is necessarily the way to go about it but there should be protection.

I agree copyright holders should have recourse to protect themselves and their product(s), and they already have substantial protections in place. PIPA and SOPA are both nutty bills giving over reaching powers.

Can you imagine posting a panel out of a comic on a public forum and having the forum shut down and the poster getting sued? :screwy:

This reminds of when it was okay to sue someone for libel or slander just to shut them down for critiquing or being the competition. Thankfully, several states have SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) laws in place preventing this sort of tactic.

See, maybe something like SLAPP would prevent some of the unnecessary law suits under these new bills.

See, maybe something like SLAPP would prevent some of the unnecessary law suits under these new bills.

I don't think this was meant to cover cases of IP/copyright infringement. That said, SOPA and PIPA are overkill. There is a difference between protectionism which costs individual freedoms, and our current systems, which are regulated enough.

And I think therein lies one of the big problems; more legislation. In the meantime, those choosing to abuse the laws (if passed) will be sticking their boot up the azzes of anyone they perceive as violating their copyright. While there is a portion of the bill that is supposed to hold responsible those who maliciously and falsely accuse a person or entity of infringement, again, you have to prove it was malicious.

More lawyers, more lost time, more money, more legislation. I agree that piracy is a problem, and I believe there are more productive ways of addressing it. This is a nasty can of legal turds to open. 2c

Though if it does pass, it might present me with an opportunity to post a picture of Jessica Biel and have her sue me. I would be forced to cross examine her in person. :luhv:

Back to the topic - if SOPA and PIPA were enacted, I may not be able to post a picture of the lucious Penny on an internet message board...

Not that you won't be able to, the bigger issue is the fact that the website itself would be shut down because of your action.