• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC gets a new logo

109 posts in this topic

can anyone say it is confirmed?

i am hoping it is just a leaked tester that wont actually make the bill.

It's been registered as a trademark by DC in both the US and in the UK.

Rich posted a couple days ago that he had heard they intended to officially unveil it today. That did not happen to my knowledge, so the how, when, and where of its use is as yet unknown.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/17/dc-logo-officially-launch-week/

A relatively reliable source close to DC Comics told Bleeding Cool that the new logo was announced to DC Comics staff in New York last week by Diane Nelson via speakerphone from Burbank. Amit Desai, Senior Vice President of Franchise Management, made the all-singing, all-dancing presentation in New York but the internal response seemed a little muted.

So which one was the best?

DClogos.jpg

bottom center and top right

I'm thinking the top right logo might have lasted the longest??? At least a couple of decades?? it's certainly the one I grew up with and therefore gets my vote...

from everything i have read, both here and abroad, not one person likes the logo, not one.

how can that be and this still go ahead?

its strange because in the past threre has always been a split, albiet not a balanced one but at least a small group of some with divided opinions.

not this time.

The odd thing is that it isn't particularly corporate... and it lacks character. It'll work better as an animated logo however.

Is the new logo an attempt at Apple-branding type minimalism? You know, like understated & minimalistic corporate chic?

Is Apple-branding an effective way to disguise the hated Big Corporation with an overwhelming amount of bland?

Is this the new anti-branding marketing technique?

Down with corporate bombast & such?