• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most slabbed book?

47 posts in this topic

Was wondering, and yes I did a search and nothing came up for this topic. Any one know (I couldnt find a way to search CGC for this census info) what the most slabbed book is?

Off Hand checks:

Incredible Hulk #181 has almost 5k on census (wonder how many resubs?)

Wolverine #1 (of 4) has 4400

Amazing Spider-man #252 has just over 4k

Amazing Spider-man #129 has almost 4k

Giant Sized X-men has over 3700

Uncanny X-men #94 has 3200

Fantastic Four 48 was just over 2k

Avengers 1 & 4 were both under 2k

Any other ideas?

Wow--Greg's link is awesome.

Shows there are over 400 signature series copies of ASM 300.

And more slabbed copies of Harbinger # 1 than:

FF # 12

Dr. Strange 169

Superman 75 (bagged)

Captain America Annual # 8

Batman 428

to me the interesting ones are the older ones...once we got to the 80s lots of people were bagging & boarding and taking care of their comics (it was happening in the 70s too, just not as much)

so to see 70s comics like Hulk 181, ASM 129, GSX 1 and X-Men 94 make the top 11 is pretty impressive that there are enough copies out there worth slabbing.

Iron Man 1 as the top slabbed book from the 60s makes sense since it is a #1 it may have been cared for better...

New questions... wonder what the oldest 10.0 out there is? I've seen the Iron Man #1 (1968) and know theres a Captain America 100 (also 68) any thing seen by anyone else that's older?

to me the interesting ones are the older ones...once we got to the 80s lots of people were bagging & boarding and taking care of their comics (it was happening in the 70s too, just not as much)

so to see 70s comics like Hulk 181, ASM 129, GSX 1 and X-Men 94 make the top 11 is pretty impressive that there are enough copies out there worth slabbing.

Iron Man 1 as the top slabbed book from the 60s makes sense since it is a #1 it may have been cared for better...

New questions... wonder what the oldest 10.0 out there is? I've seen the Iron Man #1 (1968) and know theres a Captain America 100 (also 68) any thing seen by anyone else that's older?

Pretty sure there's a SA Thor older than either of those. Chuckles used to have it (maybe he still does).

the last time a thread asking this was started i believe the answer was some promotional comic about the dental profession.

the last time a thread asking this was started i believe the answer was some promotional comic about the dental profession.

Yes, I think you are right. Link.

percentage of total comics graded of a particular issue would be even better, but i'm guessing impossible to truely find out since have to know the exact print runs

ask mikenyc; he's got that information

That's not entirely true.