• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most slabbed book?

47 posts in this topic

I was disappointed to see that Spawn 1 has only 2,815 copies on the census...

Whoa!

Hell I probably have that many raw copies. :facepalm:

Whoa!

I probably have about ten or twelve copies in a box somewhere...like everyone else on this forum. :facepalm:

to me the interesting ones are the older ones...once we got to the 80s lots of people were bagging & boarding and taking care of their comics (it was happening in the 70s too, just not as much)

so to see 70s comics like Hulk 181, ASM 129, GSX 1 and X-Men 94 make the top 11 is pretty impressive that there are enough copies out there worth slabbing.

Iron Man 1 as the top slabbed book from the 60s makes sense since it is a #1 it may have been cared for better...

New questions... wonder what the oldest 10.0 out there is? I've seen the Iron Man #1 (1968) and know theres a Captain America 100 (also 68) any thing seen by anyone else that's older?

the last time a thread asking this was started i believe the answer was some promotional comic about the dental profession.

Yes, I think you are right. Link.

I think the oldest that's worth a damn is Thor 156.

Whoa!

I probably have about ten or twelve copies in a box somewhere...like everyone else on this forum. :facepalm:

I don't.

Whoa!

I don't.

You're special. :luhv:

Whoa!

I don't.

I don't own a single copy of Spawn #1 and actually never have either.

Whoa!

I don't.

I thought the character looked like a rip off of another character at the time, but I don't remember which one it was.

Whoa!

I don't.

I thought the character looked like a rip off of another character at the time, but I don't remember which one it was.

Cloak from Cloak and Dagger?

Whoa!

I don't.

I don't own a single copy of Spawn #1 and actually never have either.

:tonofbricks:

I wouldn't own one now even if someone gave me a copy. I think McFarlane is a McDouche.

I don't know much about the guy but his art work doesn't do anything for me. Just curious by why is he a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed?

His ego exploded when he was let loose by Marvel and allowed to write and draw his own Spidey title. It got even worse when he and two other guys with no publishing experience managed to start their own company peddling average to abysmal fluff that wasn't meant to be read but hoarded, which consequently ruined the medium for the rest of the decade. Yet despite this he avoided failure and fans at the time generally liked him.

Add the T.V., movies and toys, and the fact that he was very young when all of this happened, and hey presto.

to me the interesting ones are the older ones...once we got to the 80s lots of people were bagging & boarding and taking care of their comics (it was happening in the 70s too, just not as much)

so to see 70s comics like Hulk 181, ASM 129, GSX 1 and X-Men 94 make the top 11 is pretty impressive that there are enough copies out there worth slabbing.

Iron Man 1 as the top slabbed book from the 60s makes sense since it is a #1 it may have been cared for better...

New questions... wonder what the oldest 10.0 out there is? I've seen the Iron Man #1 (1968) and know theres a Captain America 100 (also 68) any thing seen by anyone else that's older?

the last time a thread asking this was started i believe the answer was some promotional comic about the dental profession.

Yes, I think you are right. Link.

I think the oldest that's worth a damn is Thor 156.

Yeah, Kolynos Presents the White Guard 1 my azz, it doesn't even have a cover!

I used my spawn number one when I ran out of toilet paper one day. It stung.

......wow, I did that also. It made my rear end smell worse than it already did. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend o jesus) (thumbs u